Preventing copying of images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preventing copying of images

I am in the process of constructing a web site from which I shall sell reproductions of prints for which I own the copyright. Because I do not like the appearance of the script with Lightbox I have used a separate lightbox for each thumbnail. However, obviously I wish to prevent viewers copying the thumbnail and the enlarged image. Is there any way this can be achieved other than by re-photographing everything with a red band across it. (most unattractive) Can one watermark both the thumbnail and the enlarged image and if so how. I know some images cannot be copied. Is this possible with Vodahost?

Re: Preventing copying of images

One way to protect is to show a low resolution image (and let it know of course)

Comment

Hi, basically! if you don't want it copied, dont put it on the net. Is all you can do is discourage & make it hard for anyone. Water marking is a good step & as above, reduce the images dpi so a print out wont be very good. If you can? it is a good idea to crop some of the image from the original. Doing this will alway give you the full version that no one else will have.
      Jalbum.net has a free & good album that has the watermarking built in.

Good luck.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

As said above, it's impossible to keep an image from being copied if it's displayed on the 'Net. A subtle watermark is the best solution. Or, don't worry about it. What's anyone going to do with an 8 inch low resolution image anyway. it certainly won't hurt your potential sale!
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi
        Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

Working...
        X