• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ClaudeCava
    Private

• Apr 2008

DataBase

Two Questions:
    First. Is there a tutorial (here or somewhere else) that explains how to make something like a GuestBook in my webPage and save in a database? and second How can I retrieve that database from the Host -> my PC ?
    I would like to know how it works (mySQL, php or whatever is needed to achieve this) I want to make something like contact-us but not to use email Thanks
  • Watdaflip
    Major General

• Sep 2005

Re: DataBase

There's no tutorial for doing that, doing this is a whole lot more complicated then sending an email, and is not something that can be explained in a tutorial. If you are wanting to build one from scratch be prepared to learn how to program in php as well as sql to store data in a mysql database.

Heres a few good sites with programming tutorials (basic ideas, not how to do something specific)

W3Schools offers free online tutorials, references and exercises in all the major languages of the web. Covering popular subjects like HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Python, SQL, Java, and many, many more.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• ClaudeCava
      Private

• Apr 2008

Hi Watdaflip
      Thanks for your help !
      So far, I know how to program in Visual Basic 2005
      Can you tell me if that can be done by using visual studio 2005
      If so, what tools should I learn ?

Comment

• navaldesign
        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Why re-invent the wheel ?

There are lots of free guestbooks scripts on the web. Also, your CP (Fantastico) offers some guestbooks i believe.

To create a contact form, you don't need to learn all that, just watch the relevant BlueVoda Forms Tutorial Part 1 . If you want to store the info in the database, use Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Watdaflip
          Major General

• Sep 2005

Originally posted by ClaudeCava View Post
          Hi Watdaflip
          Thanks for your help !
          So far, I know how to program in Visual Basic 2005
          Can you tell me if that can be done by using visual studio 2005
          If so, what tools should I learn ?
          Most web languages don't need a complier like Visual Studio, they are parsed at execution. This means you can use whatever you want, Visual Studio technically should work, but you could even use notepad if you wanted to.

Register/Login Script
          Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• ClaudeCava
            Private

• Apr 2008

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
            Why re-invent the wheel ?

There are lots of free guestbooks scripts on the web. Also, your CP (Fantastico) offers some guestbooks i believe.

To create a contact form, you don't need to learn all that, just watch the relevant BlueVoda Forms Tutorial Part 1 . If you want to store the info in the database, use Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor
            Hi NavalDesign !
            I apreciate your advice
            By now I did download the AdvancedFormProcesor
            I think it is what I was looking for
            let me work with it for a while, and I will let you know my results
            Thank you !

Comment

Working...
            X