Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• link to the middle of a page?

Hi there,

I would like to make a link from one site, to down the middle of another, so that anybody won´t have to scroll down the page.
    Does anybody knows how that is done?

Best regards

Re: link to the middle of a page?

Hi, this should do it for you. Its called a bookmark.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

OK....I've never done this before, but I just tried it and it worked for me! There might be other ways, if so someone will probably let you know.

1. Open the page that you want to go to the middle of and (using the insert menu), click "bookmark". This gives you a little pinup pin icon.
      2. Double click to open that icon's properties box.
      3. Name the bookmark whatever you want it to be. If you have other bookmarks, don't name it the same as one of those!
      4. Now place that icon at the point that you want the reader to start.
      5. Now "publish" that page into the site's directory that you want your reader to come from. That means making sure that the "publish box" is set to the right directory! (If it is your first VH site, then it would be public_html/)
      6. Now, locate the text (or whatever), that you want to use to direct your reader to the other page and create a link that looks like this:
      http://www.yourstartingdomain.com/de...avethebookmark.
      7. Now republish yourstartingdomain.com
      Be sure to publish it and try it out before you save it permanently on your computer! That way, you can open the original startingdomain and republish it to restore to original operation!

EDIT: Sorry Chris! I was a little too long winded and two finger typing doesn't help any! LOL
      Last edited by judavvforum; 05-03-2008, 03:24 PM. Reason: Added Comment

Comment

Originally posted by judavvforum View Post
        OK....I've never done this before, but I just tried it and it worked for me! There might be other ways, if so someone will probably let you know.

1. Open the page that you want to go to the middle of and (using the insert menu), click "bookmark". This gives you a little pinup pin icon.
        2. Double click to open that icon's properties box.
        3. Name the bookmark whatever you want it to be. If you have other bookmarks, don't name it the same as one of those!
        4. Now place that icon at the point that you want the reader to start.
        5. Now "publish" that page into the site's directory that you want your reader to come from. That means making sure that the "publish box" is set to the right directory! (If it is your first VH site, then it would be public_html/)
        6. Now, locate the text (or whatever), that you want to use to direct your reader to the other page and create a link that looks like this:
        http://www.yourstartingdomain.com/de...avethebookmark.
        7. Now republish yourstartingdomain.com
        Be sure to publish it and try it out before you save it permanently on your computer! That way, you can open the original startingdomain and republish it to restore to original operation!

EDIT: Sorry Chris! I was a little too long winded and two finger typing doesn't help any! LOL
        Lol, the link in my post is quite a lot more long winded.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
        X