Really need my hand holding...Please...:@)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smeghead
    Sergeant

• Jan 2006

Really need my hand holding...Please...:@)

Hello,

This maybe too long a thread, but I hope you can untangle somethings for me.

My initial bit of untangling is actually ensuring a domain is transfered to me

The person who thaught the domain www.statuesofremembrance.com was registered to them transfered it to me, however the hosting company had registered the domain to themselves.
    I contacted them who told me to find a new host and they would sort stuff out, transfering the domain to me.

The site it needed a RADICAL makeover. Using a similer forum in England, I was pointed to Bluevoda. I have started developing my pages and really like using the site, so decided Bluevoda was the host for me so signed up for three years.

I don't know if I need to do anything else now. I have received my login information from Bluevoda, but do I need to physically do anything or will the bluevoda PC talk to the current hosting company's PC and it's all done in the blink of an eye...(I should be so lucky).

Actually building my site.

I have developed some pages, and followed instructions (naming my first page index) but I can't seem to link the pages together. I have watched and watched the bluetutorials but when I seem to follow the instructions it doesn't work.
    *Do I need to name my pages .html as this seems to be refered to in other threads.
    *Does it matter if I have changed where blue voda is saved on my PC. I say this because I think I saved it to my desktop.
    *Does it matter that my first (hence index) page is purly a front page to enter site, so no navigation list needed.

I put what I think is the link address in my navigation list, but in preveiw it creates a link that does not link to anywhere. I just want people to be able to read the next page :).

I am so happy I have found bluevoda and I am sure you will appriciate you may have to be a little patient with the English Gentleman.

THANKYOU!!!!.....:):):):):):):)
    A Monumental Finale.
  • smeghead
    Sergeant

• Jan 2006

Re: Really need my hand holding...Please...:@)

Sorry about the really rubbish spelling by the way...:(
    A Monumental Finale.

Comment

Working...
    X