publishing index page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• publishing index page

Everytime I publish my newest updated index page, when I call it up, the home page will not change to the new one. It keeps loading my old index page.

What is wrong with it?

Diane
    Diane Milinowski

Re: publishing index page

Hi, Bring the web page up in your browser try hitting F5 quite a few time to clear your cache.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hey Chris, that got it! You sure are a big help--all the time. Thanks.

Also, would you please look at my site www.heathsstuff.com and tell me what to do about the image of the [my] baby?

One more thing please, do I have to do that to every page (hit the F5 button)?

Thank you
      Diane
      Last edited by Diane Milinowski; 05-16-2008, 09:45 AM. Reason: additional assistance
      Diane Milinowski

Comment

Hi, what would you like to do with baby. (No good with the crying) lol.
        You only have to use F5 to clear some memory in your own machine, once the new page is showing, it should all be ok. (Same with other pages if needed)

Also getting a popup about a problem with java on the page??? But let others confer this.
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

No, I don't understand about the popup. One of my links is missing. Is there something I should know about? Do you like the site?

About the baby, the picture shouldn't be fake looking. It's actually a picture I took with my digital camera. What's it look like to you--does it look fake or like a computer-generated picture? It does in my browser, but it didn't start out that way!!!!

Thanks alot.
          Diane
          Last edited by Diane Milinowski; 05-17-2008, 05:39 AM. Reason: left out question
          Diane Milinowski

Comment

Hi, picture of babe look fine at my end,
            Which link is missing?
            Ah! Didn’t get the popup this time. Might be my java playing up.
            Not sure if it was your intension?? But the pages have a lot of side scroll as you haven’t set any page properties as yet.
            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Mmmm, I don't understand what you're saying about the "page properties." Can you explain that for me?

And, again, from this end, it looks like Heath (the babe) is a computer picture.

The missing link is the Missing Childrens' link.

www.heathsstuff.com

Love, Diane
              Diane Milinowski

Comment

Hi, when your building a page, have a look at the top of the screen at the ruler & all things on the page want to be to the left of the 800 to a 1000 mark as you will have a lot of sideways scroll with anything beyond this.
                But to set the page properties you have to go into Main menu>View>page properties> & tick the centre in browser box & set the page width to some ware between 800 & 1000.
                Then when you build the page all items you place on the page shouldn’t be past the ruler mark at the top of the page you have set.

Heath looks fine at this end, maybe be something with your monitor..

Not sure what you mean on missing link as I cant find any reference to Children’s' link on the page
                Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Chris,
                  Thanks for answering. I understand what your saying about the scrollbar--I only wish that I had remembered that before I started the pages. I guess I'll leave it the way it is. I'm going to go to another computer tomorrow so I can take a look at the site.

The link I was telling you about is from "Missing Children" and for some reason it's just coming up with an x instead of an image box. I tried the F5 and it's not helping. I guess possibly the link may no longer be good (but I doubt that). Missing Children is one of America's largest organization for reporting and helping find lost children (I seen your from London).

Thanks alot
                  Diane
                  Diane Milinowski

Comment

Working...
                  X