Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google - Meta Tag?

www.printsofcornwall.com

I am endeavouring to get my site accessed by Google and have been asked to add a Meta Tag to the HTML code. As a novice I have no clue what they are talking about. They offer me the alternative of adding some code to the site address. How do I achieve either of these - painlessly please?

Re: Google - Meta Tag?

Originally posted by Interpreter View Post
    www.printsofcornwall.com

I am endeavouring to get my site accessed by Google and have been asked to add a Meta Tag to the HTML code. As a novice I have no clue what they are talking about. They offer me the alternative of adding some code to the site address. How do I achieve either of these - painlessly please?
    Is this to Verify the site ownership through the webmaster tools?

If so, the best way is to choose the 'download html file' option.

Use the file name they give you, save an EMPTY notepad document as the file name given to you and place it on your server in your root folder (If main account, place in public_html folder)
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

But before you do that, relook at your meta data as you have no page titles, poor keywords and page descriptions.
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Marincky. No name tags, no page descriptions - heavens I thought everything was complete. Where do I place those? Any examples or which tutorial should I read?

Comment

Originally posted by Interpreter View Post
          Marincky. No name tags, no page descriptions - heavens I thought everything was complete. Where do I place those? Any examples or which tutorial should I read?
          Try this for starters

Comment

Marincky - Thanks for your prompt reply again but I already have that and am reading it. I have just placed my web address in the IE7 browser and all is ok.However, when I type it into the Google search engine up comes all my posts to VodaHost !!!!!

Strange world.
            SOE Basics
            For example
            1. Where in VH is the Title Tag on each page?

2. Where in VH does one put the Meta Description?

3. Meta Keywords. I think I understand that

Not easy.

BUT very grateful for your help

Comment

I fyou click on a blank section of your page, click page properties. Here you name each page, add meta tags, page discriptions, etc.
              Reguards
              Ed
              www.dsondesigns.com
              www.marseillesyouthsports.com
              www.300hitter.com
              www.bigjk.net
              How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

D'son. I have done that for every page already. I have kept each sentence brief and succinct on advice. Should I be more expansive?

Comment

I doesn't have to be lengthy, just a good description of what your page is about, use good key wording is most important as well as good page titles. Try to think of what a user might type in a search. For example if your site is about baby clothes, have the title and descriptions reflect that. so if a user types baby or clothing, or children the search engine will find those key words either in you title or description.
                  Reguards
                  Ed
                  www.dsondesigns.com
                  www.300hitter.com
                  www.bigjk.net

Comment

Oh and you probably know this but republish after you make the changes. It may take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks for the SE's to find the updates.
                    Reguards
                    Ed
                    www.dsondesigns.com
                    www.300hitter.com
                    www.bigjk.net

Comment

Working...
                    X