Adding Google META tag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Google META tag

I have been given a META tag to add to my site in HTML format. Where do I find that HTML list so that I can add it as suggested - between the two "Head" lines?

www.printsofcornwall.com
    Last edited by Interpreter; 05-31-2008, 08:48 AM. Reason: adding url

Re: Adding Google META tag

Hello

Right click on the page and choose page HTML at the bottom. You will see a tab that says "Between Head Tag". Or if it is a keyword simply right click on the page, click on page properties and enter your keyword and page description.
    Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

I have mentioned before many times to upload the file they gaive you rather than the html code. The reason I keep on saying this is because after a while (sometimes only a few weeks) Goggle will tell you that they don't recofnise the file anymore and you will do it over and over again.

The best way is to download the file name they give you, save an empty notepad using that file name and uploading it to your server.
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Erm, I don't think you meant 'notepad' did you Ramsey?

Comment

My bad, I can see you did mean 'notepad', I didn't know that's how it was done, all I did was to save a BV file as the name that Google gave me and published it.

Comment

Marincky. Yes I will download the strip of code they gave me but do not know how to put it in the right place. Where is a notepad - as you put it? The instructions are clear from Google if you know the technical terms they use - which I do not. They said I can either attach it to my URL - OK but where? or downoad their strip of code and place it between the two headers. I understand that but where do I find the two headers in the HTML file? Feel rather lost!

Comment

Right click on the page and choose page HTML at the bottom. You will see a tab that says "Between Head Tag". Or if it is a keyword simply right click on the page, click on page properties and enter your keyword and page description.
              "Notepad" is in windows; it is in my windows XP. MS Word has extra formatting that will distort anything copied from it. If you have both of these, you need to copy to notepad first, then copy from notepad to the html. :)
              Karen Williams
              Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Karen,

Many thanks. I shall now see how I get on. I have found the HTML button and the file and can see the two "head" tags. I'll report back!

Michael

Comment

Your best bet and easiest way is to do this... (Forget Notepad)

Open a new page in BV. Leave it blank.. save it with the html file name Google gave you, Publish it.
                  Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks to everybody's advice I am now verified by Google and the sitemap is in place. The forum really is superb.

Now let's see what might happen.

Comment

Working...
                    X