working for Silent member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• working for Silent member

I'm sure you fellow webmasters has had this come up.

I have a (friend) customer that wants me to build him a site from nuts to mints plus SEO.
    I'm choosing to use BlueVoda.
    He has given me his credit card info, email address info, bank info and all that is needed to complete this site.
    I have secured his site name with ******* a while ago. (Sorry) he didn't know when he was ready to jump in and do this.

He has asked me to handle everything with the purchasing, setting up with BV.
    How do I go about setting up the BV info? Do I go through the application process as if it's him? I have all I need to do so, including a fat down payment.
    All of the work will be done on my PC. He just wants to manage it when it's completed.
    I'm ready to get started, I have templates made and site pages made in BV already.
    Now What??

Randall
    www.BrownBeanMachines.com
    user name: universaltreasuresinc******.com
    www.SflaMarineRepair.com
    Have a Great day!

Re: working for Silent member

Purchase his hosting and have him forward you the email and all the logins etc and publish.. or have the email sent to you.. and you send him a copy..

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank You Karen!
      I have his email address already, so I can get started in the morning? This guy would rather me do it all. It's wise of him to do it this way. He knows his limitations.

Randall
      www.SflaMarineRepair.com
      Have a Great day!

Comment

I'm pretty much doing the same thing. the question you should ask yourself is 'how do i get my files transfered to his computer?'

the easiest way to do this is
        1) go on his computer start blue voda.
        2) go to FILE, NEW PAGE > FROM EXISTING HTML PAGE...select "REMOTE"
        3) Make sure that you use "http://" before entering the web address; Example, is has to look like this: http://www.A_WEBSITE_TO_IMPORT.com
        4) all images and text should come up. (HOWEVER, you may have to touch up the text, and some images. also keep in mind that any FX, flash you have done could be lost due to importing. but thats ok, you have the file on you computer. you just have to put it back.)
        5) SAVE AS...It has to be the SAME NAME You Gave it when you first design it and published.
        6) Again, you will be re-editing to make sure he get all the designs, fonts, text, and files with folders

Another way to do this is even harder. Sounds easy, but you have to make sure that ALL the directories match just like you see it on yours. (images and all) then put those same file and folders on his computer. This way he can publish from his computer without having any problems.

1) you have to copy the EXACT same way your folders & files on to his computer.
        2) You will be editing like crazy thats for sure.
        3) come back here if you have any questions about transferring files from your computer to another. (too much to write about how to get it the same way you have it on your computer. remember, this is the hard way.)

Comment

It doesn't appear that anything is simple about ecommerce. It's always something.
          www.SflaMarineRepair.com
          Have a Great day!

Comment

Randall,
            You only have to follow those steps cpubasics listed if you want him to be able to work on the site from his own computer also. If you're going to do it all, there's no reason to do anything on his computer at all.

Just build it like you build your own. The important thing is making sure his site is in his name, and he owns it. But the agreement is between you as to how you handle the rest.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Lol.. if he switches to soho.. as posted in another thread he wont have that issue at all

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Ladies!

I really do appriciate your good help and insite

Randall
                www.SflaMarineRepair.com
                Have a Great day!

Comment

Working...
                X