Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Forms

I really need help with forms.

I've been trying and trying. Finally used a template from the Form Wizard. Watched the tutorial several times and ... the form still won't show up. www.klventuresllc.com

It's on the index page, but you can't see it. If you could see it, fill it out and hit the submit button, it should take the person to the "thanks" page.

In the form wizard, I supplied the email to send it to.

Here's what I put in for the success url
    www.klventuresllc.com/thanks.html

This is the info for the error url
    www.klventuresllc.com/index.html

This customer has another page that's ready and the whole page is a form. I'm not going to try that one until I can get this short form up there. This form on the index page is just asking for a name and email address.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Re: Help with Forms

When you use the built in form processor, your page is automatically published as php. In fact, here is your form: http://www.klventuresllc.com/index.php

However, since this is the index page, and you had published it before as index.html, the html has priority over the php one.
    Solution:
    connect with FTP and delete the file index.html from your public_html .
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

More help needed. Truthfully, I've watched all the tutorials for the last week trying to get the forms to go. What you just recommended worked great ... but now after the visitor has filled out the form, it goes nowhere. I get multi error messages. I have a page named thanks that it should go to (as recommended in the tutorial) ... it didn't go there. Here are the error messages:
      The requested URL /www.klventuresllc.com/thanks.php was not found on this server.
      Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

You need to be more careful. You have typed as thank you URL " www.thanks.php " instead of the correct " http://www.klventuresllc.com/thanks.php " or simply "thanks.php "

I can't know if you have the same or similar mistake with your error page (but i think yes, because the error message i get indicates so) .

Edit these two points.

Also, the email field is OUTSIDE the form boundaries. Sometimes might appear as it is in, but it is not. Move it with the mouse a couple of pixels, untli the form boudary becomes blue, which indicates that the field now has become part of the form.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I'm still working on it. Have dumped the entire site from CPanel 3 times now and the url is

From one of the tutorials, I understood that I shouldn't be making a page called "Thanks" since you don't want the customer going to the Thanks page. This last time, I even made the navigation bar reflect the thanks page, and I can access it from the site, but when I hit the send button I still get the error messages.

Sorry, if I seem to not understand everything -- but, I don't!

Comment

Maybe i didn't make myself clear. The problem is NOT the page itself, but what you have typed in the Form Wizard as Success URL and Error URL.
            In there, you have typed the URLs WITHOUT the "http://" infront.
            Retype the FULL URLs for both fields, Save, Publish, and Refresh you rbrowser before testing
            Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
            X