• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • loripeters34
    Corporal

• May 2008

Help with videos

I created a video using the active x feature and then chose windows media player. I chose a file from my computer and I then uploaded the file and webpage into control panel and published it.

I can see the video and hear the video from the internet on my computer but on my husbands computer cannot, says cannot find file.

How do I make the video accessible for all to view on their computers?

Any help please :)

• loripeters34
    Corporal

• May 2008

Re: Help with videos

Can anyone please help me as to why others are unable to view the videos??? any advice would be great, I am at a total loss.

Comment

• mrmagoo144
      Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

first of all, i assume you made a movie with windows media and saved the movie with a WMV extension. if you did that, ok, if not, that is the first step. Now what i do is put the movie in a media file in blue voda. when you open blue voda, you should see an image, template and now a media file folder, as well as all your pages. upon reading your thread you stated that you made a movie using active x - not sure what you mean by this, but to use Window Media tool you have to have a WMV file. the same holds true for a flash movie, you need to have the movie saved with a swf extension and then use the flash tool to import the movie to your page.
      now that we have that done, did you publish your page yet? if you didnt that would be the reason no one can see it. so build your page, save your page, then publish your page.
      hope i have helped you and you can contact me through my website if you want some one on one help.
      mrmagoo144
      mrmagoo144
      www.videopostcards.info

Comment

• CarbonTerry
        Major General

• Oct 2005

BV web pages must be published through the web builder and not uploaded through the CPanel.
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi
        Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

• philipc9635
          Lieutenant Colonel

• Jul 2006

Hello

Another easy method is to create your video and upload it to you tube. Then use the html link in you tube and link it to your site. I found this loads much quicker on the page.
          Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Working...
          X