Improving the speed of webpage downloading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improving the speed of webpage downloading

I've recently published my website (azurhomefinders.co.uk) and found that it takes rather a long time to load the pages when viewing them in my browser. Any ideas on how to improve the time taken to download????

Re: Improving the speed of webpage downloading

Hello

Your pictures are a bit on the large size. I tested the ones on the left and I guess you used the handles to adjust them to the desired size. This is OK but it doesn't take the weight out of the pictures.

What is probably best is to resize pictures outside of BV builder, save them as a gif or jpeg and reinsert them.

I personally use snaggit, but there are loads of picture resizers out there if you do a google search.

If you want to take a look at snaggit you can find it here

Darren

Comment

Of course it will be caused mostly by your images. Even tho' you have down sized them, they still are fairly large files, (especially the ones on the right side of the page).
      Try this free optimizer to reduce the file sizes.

Sorry Darren!
      Last edited by judavvforum; 06-14-2008, 05:16 PM. Reason: Sorry

Comment

Daves suggestion is a good one and I have also used it. The only thing to be careful of is that the integrity (if that is the right word) of the picture is kept in tact. Sometimes you can over optimise it and it make look a bit nasty.

Snaggit overcomes this by enabling you to capture anything you see displayed on your screen and then you can trim and resize it to your exact requirments.

I must admit I used to use Daves suggestion always, but since I discovered snaggit, I havn't needed to.

Either way or a combo of both...it's up to you

Darren

Comment

That's good info, Darren. I'll be checking out Snaggit!

Comment

Working...
          X