Writing over a picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Writing over a picture

I am trying to text over a picture and turn that text into a link. Everything goes great until I turn the text into a link then it just shows up on top of my picture as a white box. I have tried several times changing the font and background color but it goes back to white everytime i publish it.
    Any suggestuions?

The tball day link is what I wanted to put on top of a picture.

Re: Writing over a picture

Instead of linking the tex why not link the picture instead and if you use the tex check the tex properties thats where you may have your problem
    sigpicJoe
    Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Tammy good start can't wait to see it finished, I went through some of your pics and I would suggest that if you do have a way to link back to the main page from the veiwer use a different veiwer or open them in a different window. Hitting the back button is annoying to most users. I have a similar type site you can see the veiwer I use. Good luck.
      Reguards
      Ed
      www.dsondesigns.com
      www.marseillesyouthsports.com
      www.300hitter.com
      www.bigjk.net
      How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

When you fill the text box are you changing the background settings in any way?
        Select the text/and click on the background icon next to the "A" and select "Reset Background"
        Or under Format/Background Color/Reset Background
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi
        Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

I have had the same problem. It seems that plain text has a "transparent" background, but linked text does not! If you can position the text over an area that is a solid color; then use the "color picker" to select the linked text background color.

I hope someone with more experience with BV can tell us a way to get a transparent background on linked text!

Comment

I have not had that problem and do nothing special to get the transparent background.
            CarbonTerry
            Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
            Zone 5 Photo
            My USMC

Comment

This occurs when you set up the link "styles". Each condition of the linked text has to be defined by color and background color. When you go to select the background color; there is no option to pick transparent. The default color is tan.

Do you set linked styles? If so, what would you select for background color?

Edit: OK! I just did a test and it does relate to setting the style of the linked text. If you don't set a style the linked text has a transparent background!

Alright....Learned something new tonite!! Thanks for the question!
              Last edited by judavvforum; 07-01-2008, 06:12 AM. Reason: New info

Comment

You can slightly modify the link style in the Page properties/Background and still keep a transparent background.
                CarbonTerry
                Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                Zone 5 Photo
                My USMC

Comment

Terry....I tried the page properties suggestion, but it did not change the "text menu" at the bottom of my page. The text menu has it's own style set up.

After various tests, just now; it seems that the only sure way to control the linked text and text menu colors is to set a style where you only define the text color and leave the background color alone! The background seems to be transparent as long as you don't change it!

Comment

Yes, the background color remains transparent unless you choose to give it a color .. so that is the key there .. as well

"When you go to select the background color; there is no option to pick transparent." Correct because you have chosen to add a color to your background ...

You also have linked styles on your page properties and unless you add a link style to a link on your page then it will fall under the page properties link styles .. so check your page properties if you do not have a link style set up.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I hope this discussion helps others as much as it has me! I have always struggled with the linked text background, because there was nothing in tutorials or other thread discussions that indicated that the background color could be left alone when you set up the style and it would result in a transparent background!

When you go into set up a style; it appears that the default color for background is going to be tan. So, of course I would try to set a matching color for the background, (which is impossible, if the page background has a texture to it!).

SO, this is a BIG breakthrough for me and I hope others will be helped too!

Comment

another way to get the text and picture to link all in one manner is to put a transparent picture over the area. now you have an image and you can link the image without changing anything.
                        mrmagoo144
                        mrmagoo144
                        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

The transparent gif has another benefit as you can change the name to use a keyword in the name.
                          CarbonTerry
                          Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                          Zone 5 Photo
                          My USMC

Comment

Working...
                          X