• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • start living
    Special Status

• Apr 2008

Removing Active pages from a domain

Hi all,
    At the embryo stages of my BV sojourn I did a few not so handsome things and a few test pages to learn from and published them to my domain.
    I would like to remove these from the internet/my domain.
    I thought that by deleting them from my public_html folder it would take them out. It does removes them from the public_html folder, but when I type the URL in the Google address line the pages still open up on the net.
    Some advice please.
    Thank you
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Removing Active pages from a domain

One of the benefits of using sitemaps is first seen in how they aid the SEs to dutifully re-visit sites to cache new Content and updated pages. If construed properly, they almost force the bots to crawl over your entire site, saving new page versions, adding new pages, and deleting old or "missing" pages from the site cache.

The logic is that the more specifically you command the bots to act, the more specific results you get from them.

Be sure that when you "update" your Directory by deleting page files, you also modify the navigation system on your site: remove any links that may point to old, or "lesser" pages.

Refresh your personal browser to remove old page versions as well as 'ghost' pages from your browser cache itself.

The SE cache of older and newly deleted pages will remain online available to anyone who drills in to find them until it performs the next cycle visit to your site: remember, a sitemap (and periodic submissions following new map creations that you perform after making changes to your site) that comes in prior to the regular visit is first 'validated' to certtify that Content (or pages) truly have changed, and will then spur the bots to immediately re-visit, cycle schedule or not.

So, if you are not managing a sitemap regimen presently, you will have to wait until the next scheduled visit for your online SE cache to be updated as well.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• start living
      Special Status

• Apr 2008

Re: Removing Active pages from a domain

Hi Vasilli,
      thank you,
      I do not understand it at all, it is all a bit hi-brow for me.
      When next my techie is in the neighbourhood I'll ask her to read this and help me.
      Thank you

Comment

Working...
      X