X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• php html help

hi all
    can someone tell me about php and html?
    when i look at my site all my pages have html last, but when i look at some other web sites it says php at the end, can someone explain to me about this!
    is it better to have php or htlm?
    thank you for your help
    adele
    Organic Baby
    www.little-butterfly.co.uk
    Please review my site: Thank You :)
    www.qype.co.uk/place/113508-little-butterfly-Huddersfield

Re: php html help

php is a server side programming lanuage. It is used mainly when the page needs to do something internally before displaying the results on the screen, in example, verify (if this is a protected page) that the user is logged in, or retrieve data from the database and display them, or perform some kind of calculations, etc. In other words, whenever is required a dynamic behaviour from the page.

Html is static, it only displays whatever has been designed.

PHP pages always contain some hrml code which is responsible for the visual output.

As a good rule, publishing your pages right from the start as php will allow you to eventually add code in them, if required, without having to change them in the furure from html to pho. Thus you preserve your SE ranking and your menus.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

wow thank you very much for info. naval .. so can i just change from html to php then? is it easy just like that?

Comment

Changing the extension simply means that you will be ready if you want to add php code in your pages, in the future.

Of course, be simply changing the extension of the page, you are NOT adding any functionalities to the page. You need to write and embed code to get those functionalities.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X