Newbie needs help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie needs help please

When you right-click on a page and select Page Properties you get a tab called Page Transitions. It has several choices to choose from. I don't have the first clue what to select for each page. Can someone explain the choices to me? TIA!

Greg

Re: Newbie needs help please

Originally posted by gbwhite1 View Post
    When you right-click on a page and select Page Properties you get a tab called Page Transitions. It has several choices to choose from. I don't have the first clue what to select for each page. Can someone explain the choices to me? TIA!

Greg

Transitions are the effect added to a page for when it loads/unloads, so you can set the trans to blend the page in or have it spirl in etc etc, personally the transitions are just a nice extra to how the page loads/unloads, you don't really need to use them, only if you want the extra effects. As far as a detailed list for what each one does, well that I would suggest playing around with, make a few pages, publish them and see what the effects are like for the transition you picked, pretty much the name of the trans says it all, for example blend is like a fade in effect, makes the one page fade out at the same time as the next page fading in.

GD13,

Comment

This option is for what happens when you go from one page to another on your site. If you leave it at default, there will be no "special effect" when you click a link from one page to another. It will just open the page. This is the standard or normal setting.

Each transition has its own effect on how the page will open. The best way to see what you like is to publish two pages linked together and try out each transition. Note: you will have to republish each time you change the transition.
      Karen Williams
      Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Hi Greg,

You can select and test in preview or
        you can select "Random" which is like auto as it will use a different transitions every time the page is opened.

The transitions in BV is only supported by IE.
        Open Your IE browser and goto "options" and select "advance" then check the box which says "Allow transitions"
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

A fairly easy way to test the effects is to alter one of the links on the page you are working on and then preview. Now, click on that altered link....you'll get a NOT FOUND message. Then just hit the "Back" button on your browser and it will return to the previous page USING the transition effect you selected.

If you don't like that effect, change and preview again!

Comment

Pssst....listen to these guys (above)....they are good! Good Luck!
            Karen Williams
            Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

You van make, box in, fade in , fade out, box out, ec. for wen the page is loading and "enter" means when someone opens the page, and exit is for when someone leaves it.
              Z0mg it burned!

Comment

Working...
              X