Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit & maintain website!

Hello Everyone,
    My father originally built and has been maintaining my website since the beginning. Due to health problems I am now trying to take over the responsiblilty of editing and maintaining it myself. I understand that I can not edit existing pages in control panel but I can not figure out to do it, can anyone help?
    Thank you in advance for any information you can provide with this issue.
    JC Gwynne,
    The Amistad Man
    Cast Away Guide Service

Re: Edit & maintain website!

Hi, we would need a few more details in ???? Are you using his computer or yours & have you copy's of all BV files & images if using yours.
    You will also need his login details & ip address if working from yours..
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I will be using my own computer, not his. Yes he has been using his computer so I assume your saying there are files currently on his computer that I will have to copy and transfer to my computer. Once I transfer files, where do I load them on my computer and where do I go then ot edit existing pages?
      Thank you for your quick response!
      JC Gwynne

Comment

Hi, the 1st thing you will need to do is install BV on your machine via this link.
        Once you have installed it on your machine you will have a folder called Bluevoda & a sub folder called Images. Now there is a 99% chance that your machine will not have the same file paths your dads, so this might involve a bit extra work. Copy all the bvp files from your dads machine into the BV folder & all the images into the image folder that is under the BV folder. From here you might have to reinsert the images again on to each page.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
        X