This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone hijack your website?

I use Outlook 2007 to pull down my email from the web. Today, I got an error stating Outlook couldn't connect to my incoming POP3. So, I tried to access my web mail via my website, and got redirected to someone else's website. Even when I google myself to get to my website, the link takes me to this other website.

My domain is www.midcolumbianotary.com.

I was able to log in the the cpanel, but it shows there being no email, which can't be correct, especially since I sent myself several test messages from my yahoo account.

I did submit a support ticket this morning, but haven't heard back yet. All my business email come through this account, so I'm stuck until the problem's fixed.

Any ideas? TIA
    Rachel

www.midcolumbianotary.com

Re: Can someone hijack your website?

Hey Rachel,

Go here to check your account...maybe something has need of renewal or is outstanding?

Karen Williams
    Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

My renewal is this month, but I already received two invoices for the auto-bill of my credit card. However, I'm heading to the link you included just to check!

Would that mean someone else would have my domain name, already? (I was getting email fine, yesterday.)
      Rachel

Comment

No...the page you are seeing is a voda parked page...you still have it...something just has to be taken care of before it will go back to your site pages. Once you get whatever it is taken care of, then all will be well again!
        Karen Williams
        Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

If your domain has expired all you have to do is pay for the renewal, and point your nameservers back to the server that host your website. No one else can register that domain name (If I remember correctly) 90 days after it expires. So you have plenty of time.

Register/Login Script
          Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Yep, there were two unpaid invoices. I had read the invoices I received to say they would be charged to my credit card on file, but they apparently weren't. So... I paid them, but the url still points to the other website. How do I point the nameservers back? Thanks!
            Rachel

Comment

Working...
            X