Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forms and emails.

Hiya!

ok, i have a form on www.petconcierge.co.uk which is used for people to submit a search for a pet. When the searches come through from the customer, the form is sent to me as if it has come from thier personal email address. ie: it shows in my oe as

this is great becouse i can have an auto responder to confirm thier order.

however, i have the same system on my finda sites where the customer submits thier email address to recive my free ebook, but it doesnt come up with the email address of the customer in my oe. for example

see www.findachihuahua.co.uk for example.

I cant seem to be able to see what is different between the forms (except one has more fields) which makes one form automaticaly change the from.

if anyone can undertstand what im saying and have any ideas on why this would be please let me know.

cheers

Re: forms and emails.

Originally posted by findach
    Hiya!

ok, i have a form on www.petconcierge.co.uk which is used for people to submit a search for a pet. When the searches come through from the customer, the form is sent to me as if it has come from thier personal email address. ie: it shows in my oe as

this is great becouse i can have an auto responder to confirm thier order.

however, i have the same system on my finda sites where the customer submits thier email address to recive my free ebook, but it doesnt come up with the email address of the customer in my oe. for example

see www.findachihuahua.co.uk for example.

I cant seem to be able to see what is different between the forms (except one has more fields) which makes one form automaticaly change the from.

if anyone can undertstand what im saying and have any ideas on why this would be please let me know.

cheers
    Hi,

you have two different php pages processing your forms. So you should upload the php pages code for us to be able to check.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

i have tried to higlight and paste the code to show you but i dont seem to be able to paste in the forum. is this a problem with my pc?

Comment

ok, i have managed to rule out that its anything to do with the code on the php submit page by copying the code over, and it still doesnt work.

so it must be something to do with the form its self. the only difference between the two forms that i can find it that the one on www.findachihuahua.co.uk only has one field, and the one on www.petconcierge.co.uk has loads of fields.

someone must know where im going wrong? :)

Comment

ok, i have managed to rule out that its anything to do with the code on the php submit page by copying the code over, and it still doesnt work.

so it must be something to do with the form its self. the only difference between the two forms that i can find it that the one on www.findachihuahua.co.uk only has one field, and the one on www.petconcierge.co.uk has loads of fields.

someone must know where im going wrong? :)
          If you like, attach the files and send them to me. Please use support@navaldesign.it . I'll have a llok and unswer you
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

have sent you an email with the php code attached.

cheers

Comment

have sent you an email with the php code attached.

cheers
              It's not a problem of the php code. It's a form problem because you don't have an email field that would "grab" your visitors email. You only have a text field.
              Since your visitor doesn't type in any email address, the mail that gets to you cannot contain his email. You see, the email is sent to you
              by your own email on the server, not from the visitors mail client. So you must add an email field so your form will "grab" the visitors email, if he types it in. To make sure he does, your script should support validation of the form fields. Also, you have a Check Box. What does it do?
              And, in my opinion, it is not clear to the visitor what he should type in the text field.
              Navaldesign

Comment

i am so thick! all it was is that you have to lable the field as 'email' then it works fine!

thanks for your help mate, much apreaciated. Its going to save me hours now.

:)

Comment

if anyone want to know what im talking about visit www.findachihuahua.co.uk and fill you email address in and press submit

Comment

Working...
                  X