• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nyoman
    Major

• Sep 2005

Re: Password web page?

work ok with me,
    that's normal, because you have opened the protected page, but if you close your browser and open again all will work properly again.
    btw. your site look nice
    Nyoman

Comment

• SteveA
      Staff Sergeant

• Nov 2005

Nyoman and Navaldesign
      Many thanks

Steve

Comment

• navaldesign
        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by SteveA
        Thanks for your help.
        I have now worked out what to do.
        However I still have one issue. When I originally viewed the site it asked for user name and password but when I returned to view my site now and click the link it takes me straight into the protected folder without asking for user name and password, have I missed something.
        Please try http://www.aridroofing.com click on the client button in the left bottom corner.

Steve
        Works ok, username and password asked for.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Axioma
          Staff Sergeant

• Feb 2006

I am sorry but I need someone's help! I realize many related topics have been posted but i am not clear as to the directions mentioned before "You upload" the pages into the protected folder. I don't understand that part is it upload or "move", that's what i've been doing (moving) and i've had no luck in getting from point A to point B. Do I create my new protected folder within the public_html folder?

I hope I was clear in explaining, I am confused enough myself!

Many thanks in advance!

Comment

• Axioma
            Staff Sergeant

• Feb 2006

Ok, I think I figured that part about creating a folder. Now my problem is when I publish the page and try to go into it, it asks if I want to "open or save" this file....What am I doing wrong? Here is my link..
            http://www.ka-clan.com/password page/kachat.bvp
            can someone pls help me?

So grateful for any help!

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by Axioma
              Ok, I think I figured that part about creating a folder. Now my problem is when I publish the page and try to go into it, it asks if I want to "open or save" this file....What am I doing wrong? Here is my link..
              can someone pls help me?

So grateful for any help!
              What do you mean? if you are simply trying to see the page in IE, it will only ask you for username and password. Click on your own link to see it. Or did you mean something else?
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Nyoman
                Major

• Sep 2005

named your first page of your protected folder as index as usual, and publish the same way as the other page but direct to public_html/your protected folder name
                Nyoman

Comment

• Axioma
                  Staff Sergeant

• Feb 2006

Well, I uploaded the page I want protected into the password folder, and now when i click on it it asks for username and password but it takes me to the BV edditing page as a downloadable file!
                  this is the link please someone help me in simple details? I am a rookie and i'm trying to learn,
                  Thanks so much I appreciate any given help
                  Originally posted by navaldesign
                  What do you mean? if you are simply trying to see the page in IE, it will only ask you for username and password. Click on your own link to see it. Or did you mean something else?

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Of course it does! you have uploaded the .bvp file in your password protected directory. Instead you should PUBLISH your page there, as Nyoman suggested, and the link should be:

This IF your pass protected directory is "password page". However it would be better if you didn't have the blank space in the directory name. Some browsers don't like blank spaces.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

• Axioma
                      Staff Sergeant

• Feb 2006

OMG! you guys are Great!!!!!!! Thanks so much, I must tell u, I switched services from a "well known" web provider and I am so glad! I used to wait days! for a reply, here I wait a few minutes.

Sincerely, Axioma

Comment

• Axioma
                        Staff Sergeant

• Feb 2006

Me again..... I did everything you explained and my link and password work except this is what comes up!

I changed the folder name so there's no blank spaces, my page should not have all the codes in it! I uploaded the file kachat.html file into the new folder,(in CP) but once uploaded it shows up as a bvp! why or what am i doign wrong? I tried changing the name to a html file (after I uploaded it)but maybe that's not the way to fix it obviously!
                        So sorry for inconvenience!
                        thanks so much for anyone's help I am such a noob!

Comment

• Axioma
                          Staff Sergeant

• Feb 2006

Oh dear! I forgot you have no access to see the page ! my bad....this si what the page is displaying:

ࡱ>  Root Entry !I@Contents <   "#$ Root EntrypVYI@Contents <     ! CBlueVodaDoc !BlueVoda!KA CHATIC:\Documents and Settings\Axioma\My Documents\My Pictures\backgroudn2.jpg{Arial  CWebTable7A G w@i@ t­~Gd@v@ CWebImage"9RFc:\documents and settings\axioma\my documents\bluevoda\images\CHAT.gif.b Ic:\documents and settings\axioma\my documents\bluevoda\images\pac-man.gif)http://www.ka-clan.com/GAMES/packman.exe @@CWebHtml7"

some of the pictures show but the rest is like that!

thanks again in advance!

Comment

• Nyoman
                            Major

• Sep 2005

don't upload your bv file through ftp or control panel, but upload/publish your bv page normally using publish tools on bluevoda
                            Nyoman

Comment

• Axioma
                              Staff Sergeant

• Feb 2006

OK i've done all of the above to my understanding, the password and username work but when i click on it, it says this:
                              Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /passwordprotected/kachat.html on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

*Then only thing I am not clear on is transferring my page I want to secure into the password folder. I am clicking "move this page" in CP then i choose the "passwordprotected" page....Can someone please, please make this clear to me?
                              the URL to the page is:

Many thanks and my apoligies for asking so many questions on the same subject.

Comment

• Axioma
                                Staff Sergeant

• Feb 2006

Me again ...sigh....I decided to follow racerfan22's advice and started from scratch! pls ignore my last question i apologize for inconvenience.

MY PAGE WORKS!! Thanks to u all who adviced me! I am learning trust me!

Comment

Working...
                                X