• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Langlois
    First Sergeant

• Jan 2006

Will I loose my site??

Hi.

I have not yet finished designing my website, but when I publish it I understand that the master files (I think) are stored on my computer. I was just wondering if I get a new computer, will I loose my website and is there anything I can do to prevent this?

Another question: whilst making my website, my images have become mixed up throughout the folders on my computer. When I publish my site, will vodahost automatically find the images and upload them to the server (I am worried that none of my images will not be displayed).

Thanks in advance.
    Langlois.
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Will I loose my site??

Originally posted by Langlois
    Hi.

I have not yet finished designing my website, but when I publish it I understand that the master files (I think) are stored on my computer. I was just wondering if I get a new computer, will I loose my website and is there anything I can do to prevent this?

Another question: whilst making my website, my images have become mixed up throughout the folders on my computer. When I publish my site, will vodahost automatically find the images and upload them to the server (I am worried that none of my images will not be displayed).

Thanks in advance.
    Langlois.
    All Bluevodafiles are usually- unless you have done otherwise - stored under the Bluevoda folder in Documents. When you change your computer you must make a backup in CD or DVD or better, have all your disc content transfered in a directory or partition of your new disk. As for the program, you will have to either re-download and re-install, or, if you backup also the exe file you had downloaded for BV, re-install it directly from there. On the other hand, that's something that you will have to do for ALL YOUR PROGRAMS.

Regarding your images, when you import an image in one of your pages, the link to the image file on your computer is saved among other information when you save the page. So when you must upload the page, BV finds the image, and uploads the necessary image files on your server. However, it would be wise, to create a subfolder of the Bluevoda folder on your computer, and hold your images there. This would make things easier in case of a computer replacement also.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Langlois
      First Sergeant

• Jan 2006

Re: Will I loose my site??

an overdue thanks

Comment

Working...
      X