Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form Sucess/Error & Template Trouble

Hi Dr.B. again with jnjoyonline.com

I'm still having trouble with my success/error pages for my contact form'...as well, I have had to place this form over script(text) on the page I'm building, having to make corrections by 'previewing the page' and going back to Voda web builder to adjusting it.(Placing the form over script,because if I put it into the space allotted on the web page builder it come out in a different area when preview)
    Also while the forms information IS getting to my email, it still will not go through to the success page or an error page even when I hit the submit button. I followed the instruction for the error page exactly as in the information below the tutorials.And created a success page also,publishing both.Still, its not working.
    Is it because I put the form IN the web page instead of creating a form page separately? If so,I will go back and create a separate form page,but can someone please tell me how to put that page(not just a link) inside my web page( like it is now). Its probably something simple I am missing.
    I really appreciate all your help.Thanks'
    Dr.B.

Ps I guess while I'm here. Could someone please tell me how I extend the template body down without skewing the header and picture. Ive had to place a box to house the text as I go down the page,because every time I tried to extend the template box it would widen the hedder as well.Again any help is appreciated as this problem its not covered in the template tutorial.

Re: Form Sucess/Error & Template Trouble

Ok, i suppose that you are using FF as browser. Let me explain:

You have placed a SINGLE very long text in your page. BUT, FF and IE , Opera and Safari render text differently, in particular the line spacing. BV shows things as would appear in IE (and Opera), so your page, if you placed the form correctly, will disply in the correct position. FF instead has a slightly different line spacing, different from both IE and different from what you see in your BV screen. Result: the form, which is positioned in absolute coordinates, goes over the text.

Solution: break down your text in separate paragraphs, no more than some lines each, and you will be ok.

Success and error pages: WHAT names did you use for your error / sucess pages? The script seems not able to find them, this may be due to either a mistyping, or to wrong link. In the form wizard, use, as success and error URLs, the FULL (http://www.jnjoyonline.com/pagename.html) link.

Template: BV templates are images, so there is no way to stretch them without distorting.
    Solution: crop the header either using a graphics software, or using BV's crop tool.
    Then use a shape (white rectangle) as main background.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
    X