Are pages opening in different windows?.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nestar08
    Sergeant

• Apr 2008

Are pages opening in different windows?.

I had a thread on a different topic.So I thought I,d open a new one.In the thread it suggested that all pages were opening in new windows.
    When I first set up website I had the target as _ blank,but then advised to leave the target area empty.I changed this quite a while ago.

On my computer all pages are opening in the same window.

Can any someone advise me,on how to remedy this.If they are opening in new windows.

Your help would be greatly appreciated, http://www.gamesnsounds4u.com

Thankyou,

Ashley.
  • Karen Mac
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: Are pages opening in different windows?.

No they werent for me either..but you have some that SHOULD that link off your site .. that dont.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• D'son
      Major General

• Apr 2008

Most of your pages open in the same window (good thing) excep, All *** games review. This one should also open in the same window. Now your contact page should open in a different window, and here is why. When the user submits the form it should go to a thank you page (haven't checked) and these typically do not have navagation, you could add it if you want then have them all open in the same window if you want. If you decide to have the cantact form open in its own window remove the navagation bars so that the user can not have multiple windows navagating through your site. Now the visit all *** games link needs to open in its own window as it takes the user off your site. You have these two links Original ***. *** Slim & Lite. opening in a pop up window but you can not see the full page and the user can not resize the pop up, this needs corrected. And your Amazon links also take the user off your site so it should open in its own window. Basically anytime you take the user off site use a different window, navagating around your site (pages need full navagation bars) keep the same window.
      Reguards
      Ed
      www.dsondesigns.com
      www.marseillesyouthsports.com
      www.300hitter.com
      www.bigjk.net
      How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

• nestar08
        Sergeant

• Apr 2008

Hello,
        I just want to check if I've read this correctly.

Product reviews for slim and *** original,amazon search and gift certificates, and links leading to sales pages should all open in new windows?.

Do I use _ blank ?.

Every ones advice is greatly appreciated.

Thankyou

Ashley.

Comment

• D'son
          Major General

• Apr 2008

Yes you should use "_blank" to open in a new window, I do not remember if these are pages within your site or links to anther site. As I said before it is best to have all the pages with in your site open in the same window, with the exception of the contact form.
          Reguards
          Ed
          www.dsondesigns.com
          www.300hitter.com
          www.bigjk.net

Comment

• Lmack
            Master Sergeant

• Feb 2008

So re: target, I'm using a menu bar with links to my six pages. If the target is left without anything in it, it opens in the same window? and if "blank" it will open in a new window? and what about "self", "top" or "parent"? I can't find out what each means in the tutorials.
            Thanks.

Comment

• Victory1
              Sergeant

• Sep 2008

Part of the text in monthly subscription section was covered with a red line. You need to name your page with keywords from your page so search engines will pick it up better. Right now it is named index.

Comment

• D'son
                Major General

• Apr 2008

Originally posted by Lmack View Post
                So re: target, I'm using a menu bar with links to my six pages. If the target is left without anything in it, it opens in the same window? and if "blank" it will open in a new window? and what about "self", "top" or "parent"? I can't find out what each means in the tutorials.
                Thanks.
                You are correct. Leaving the target area empty will load the page in the same window, self will do this also but it seems to work better the other way. Blank is a new window, top is a special option for advanced page loading (to load only in the top portion of a page) and parent will load the page back in the original window when using a pop-up or new window.
                Reguards
                Ed
                www.dsondesigns.com
                www.300hitter.com
                www.bigjk.net

Comment

Working...
                X