reindex website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reindex website

Bv reset my website "sawgrassvillage.net" but now bv wants me to have Google reindex the site. I can not seem to find how to do that.
    Has anyone ever had Google reindex their site? If so how can I do that.

Thanks Nora

Re: reindex website

You do not really have to do it because if your web pages are named properly
    and you have your meta tags in place Google search engines will search your published web pages and you will be ranked accordingly .

To Name your pages right click on an empty spot in the page it self and "page properties will appear" name your page and go on to put your meta tags as well.
    Sinisa
    vortexairtools.com

Comment

The problem is that I reset the website to delete everything but there are still 2 pages out on Google (old data) that needs to be removed.
      Apparently Google has (spiders or ants) that search the web all of the time and pickup any data they can. If I get this problem resolved I will then republish and make sure that all of my files are protected.

Nora

Comment

Sign up to Google Webmaster tools, add your website, then go to 'tools' then 'remove urls'

You then just enter the two pages you want Google to remove off thier results and within a few days they will be gone, but ONLY if they see a 404 error page when they test the link.

To ensure they do, you need to make sure these files are OFF your server.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks for the information. I found the Google Tools and am waiting to see how that proceedure works. Hope I did it right.! Not sure why bv support did not explain it better.
          Thanks again
          Nora

Comment

You're very welcome.
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks again
              The problem is resolved (using Google tools and url removal).
              Now all I have to do is learn more about meta tags.

Norra

Comment

Glad you are sorted. Forgive me if I get the wrong end of the stick, but looking quickly at your website it looks like it is a very localised site which probably is going to get used by people you know or belong to some kind of community??? Am I right? If this is the case then meta data will probably not be as important to you as most sites that are say appealing to a wider audience and trying to gain more visitors/sales/members.? So you may not have to worry too much there.

Let me know if I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
                  Glad you are sorted. Forgive me if I get the wrong end of the stick, but looking quickly at your website it looks like it is a very localised site which probably is going to get used by people you know or belong to some kind of community??? Am I right? If this is the case then meta data will probably not be as important to you as most sites that are say appealing to a wider audience and trying to gain more visitors/sales/members.? So you may not have to worry too much there.

Let me know if I'm wrong.
                  You are correct, the website is for a small group of people (200+) and a few of them got upset when they found out their personal info was out on the web (not to personal ). So I am trying to block spidering. I did reset my account and uploaded a txt file (robots.txt" ) with (user-agent: googlebot/disallowed) inside the file.
                  Hope that works ?
                  Nora

Comment

Originally posted by nora View Post
                    You are correct, the website is for a small group of people (200+) and a few of them got upset when they found out their personal info was out on the web (not to personal ). So I am trying to block spidering. I did reset my account and uploaded a txt file (robots.txt" ) with (user-agent: googlebot/disallowed) inside the file.
                    Hope that works ?
                    Nora
                    Yes that should do it. At least you don't have the added presure most have when building a site in having to optimise it

Comment

Thanks much

Nora

Comment

Working...
                      X