• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wendybird
    Private First Class

• Sep 2008

Hi and Help!?

Hello Everyone!
    I am a new customer to Voda..so far I Love the program & the way things are going Except I am having a terrible time creating a second page. My first (index) page is fine but when I try to add another page it ends up looking like html all over the place. Can anyone else see this? Terrible. I have spent 3 days now trying to figure out how to do correct this and there are no videos or anything I can find to show me the correct way to do this. I have also added a form on here. Looks all jibberish to me.
    http://www.northerncockatiels.com/contact.html
    Could someone please tell me the correct way that this should be done. Making a sub or second, third, forth page please? Should I make a new folder, set it when naming for all files (*.* below in the box) and just add a name when linking like "contact" instead of the whole http: thing? This is just too confusing...
    Here is my first page that turned out fine, so far.
    http://www.northerncockatiels.com/
    Thank you everyone or anyone that can help me. Oh I was also wondering if I should do this from the control panel?? eek..I have only been doing everything through the website builder. Sorry but I am new to this program...
    Thanks All!
    Wendybird
    p.s. what is a "Trackback"!? LOL
  • Marincky
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: Hi and Help!?

resave your contact page as a php extension. You find this option in the page properties. Then republish. But this now means you will have to go into your server and delte contact.html file.

You upload pages to your server via the buulder and not the control panel
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• Marincky
      General

• Apr 2006

You are also making your web pages far too wide. I have to scroll sidewards to see the full page.

Start from the left hand side of the builder, as far over as possible and don't go over 1000 wide. (stick to 940-980).
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• wendybird
        Private First Class

• Sep 2008

Thank you Ramsey! That was fast..will try. Will I have to do this all the time? php? yikes.
        Wendy

Comment

• Marincky
          General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by wendybird View Post
          Thank you Ramsey! That was fast..will try. Will I have to do this all the time? php? yikes.
          Wendy
          No, just with any pages that use php coding which I presume your form page does.

There are so many different ways to create form pages going around this forum, it used to be the form page should be html and the success page php, but if you are building like I am then your contact page should be php and your success page can be either.

Comment

• wendybird
            Private First Class

• Sep 2008

ah Thank you! I have a laptop with a really widescreen. 17" and always wondered what the norm was. Thank you.
            Wendy

Comment

• wendybird
              Private First Class

• Sep 2008

Oh gosh. I don't know html stuff at all really. Haven't had the time to learn. Birds, lots of baby parrots take up most of my time then I have to work on the site at night into the wee hours...
              Thanks again and will talk soon!
              Wendybird loggig off...birds are calling. lol
              p.s. Should I protect my site in anyway as in a password or I noticed there is a folder? that says public..not sure what that is about.

Comment

• Marincky
                General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by wendybird View Post
                Oh gosh. I don't know html stuff at all really. Haven't had the time to learn. Birds, lots of baby parrots take up most of my time then I have to work on the site at night into the wee hours...
                Thanks again and will talk soon!
                Wendybird loggig off...birds are calling. lol
                p.s. Should I protect my site in anyway as in a password or I noticed there is a folder? that says public..not sure what that is about.
                The good thing about BV is that you don't need to know about html. All you need to do is change the extension of your page to php in the page properties for your contact page that's all. Just right click on the builder, just off your web page (white area) and change it there in the drop down.

public_html is just where your site account lays. If you want people to see your site then no you don't need any passwords.

Comment

Working...
                X