Is there an ideal page size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there an ideal page size?

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but I'm new to this - registered today and still learning the ropes.

I've been designing my BlueVoda pages based upon 1024x768 dimensions, figuring most computeres would be able to view this without scrolling.
    Should I have stayed with the (I think default) 800x600 to allow for small monitors or maybe laptops?

Re: Is there an ideal page size?

Hi Martyn
    It's best to to Size your page under 1000 wide (preferably 940-980). Some people say 800. Remember to click on "Center in Browser." The page can be as long as you like with a scroll bar. Hope that Helps. Doug

Comment

Originally posted by dougnez View Post
      Hi Martyn
      It's best to to Size your page under 1000 wide (preferably 940-980). Some people say 800. Remember to click on "Center in Browser." The page can be as long as you like with a scroll bar. Hope that Helps. Doug
      Hi Doug - Thanks for the reply. I may have to ask further basic questions if I get stuck - hope that's not too tedious for anyone who, unlike me, is more familiar with web design protocols.

Comment

Hi Martyn
        Just continue to post your questions here and the forum. There are many looking in and glad to help.... Doug

Comment

Hi, its only a personal preference, but i think using the whole screen is like reading a broadsheet news paper & prefer to have a page that leads you to the middle like a tabloid.
          Have a look at many of the big boys & see what they are using. Even Vodahost only uses a page at just over 700px wide. But if you are on the 1000 route, Doug's tip of (preferably 940-980) is very handy.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
          X