• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charmela
    Private

• Jan 2006

How do I get started?

A basic question - sorry to have to ask, but this format is new to me, and some basic "getting started" info would be appreciated.

I have paid my initial 12 months subscription, and have a domain name.
    All of the info wrt URL`s etc, as appears below, has been received.

So how do I get my website going?

My preference is for Front Page Extension, as I`ve used the Front Page programme before, and feel comfortable with it ("Websites for Dummies!)

Once I have the index page sorted out, I would also like to install a VBulletin Board. Should that be installed as sub-domain? Or can it be installed as a new page?

Sorry for asking such a basic Q.
    Charmela.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by VodaHost; 01-25-2006, 11:23 AM.
  • VodaHost
    General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

Re: How do I get started?

Your best bet is to read the below article...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• charmela
      Private

• Jan 2006

Thank you for your reply, *****. I did watch the tutorial on Front Page Extension, and found it interesting, however it does not tell me how to access it.

As my previous post indicated, I have used Front Page previously when I made this website
      Hanmer Springs is an Alpine paradise in North Canterbury, New Zealand. Experience natural hot springs, stunning landscapes, and outdoor adventures.

and I undertand the differences between Front Page, and Front Page Ext (wrt to storage of info, etc).
      Building the above website, I simply constructed it using the FP programme, and then uploaded it to my host.

What I do not comprehend is how to get access to the Front Page Extension programme (that is apparently already in place), to get my new website underway.

Clicking on the Front Page Extension symbol simply gives me an instal/uninstall option.

Alternatively, can I use my Front Page programme that I used for the other website, and upload it on to my vodahost url?

Thanks again.

Comment

• charmela
        Private

• Jan 2006

I'm still totally at a loss as to how to get started.

Can ANYBODY please point me in the direction I need to go...please??

Comment

• navaldesign
          General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by charmela
          I'm still totally at a loss as to how to get started.

Can ANYBODY please point me in the direction I need to go...please??

Just build your site with FP and publish (upload) it. Don't bother doing anything about FP extensions

Though, on a second thought, i suggest you use Bluevoda. It is much more easier to learn. In two or three days time you can be up and running
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• charmela
            Private

• Jan 2006

I am still unable to get any joy, and am unable to access my control panel via the link provided
            SITE ADMINISTRATOR URL http://www.pirep.org/cpanelTEMPORARY SITE ADMINISTRATOR URLhttp://70.86.224.210/cpanel
            client id is 4069

I've checked my Internet settings (internet Otions - connections...LAN & browser), and it all appears correct.

It's pretty frustrating having paid for an account, but being unable to use it.
            Sort of like being shown a nice car, had all the good features explained, and being told how to operate it, but not being given the keys.

Comment

• navaldesign
              General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by charmela
              I am still unable to get any joy, and am unable to access my control panel via the link provided
              SITE ADMINISTRATOR URL http://www.pirep.org/cpanelTEMPORARY SITE ADMINISTRATOR URLhttp://70.86.224.210/cpanel
              client id is 4069

I've checked my Internet settings (internet Otions - connections...LAN & browser), and it all appears correct.

It's pretty frustrating having paid for an account, but being unable to use it.
              Sort of like being shown a nice car, had all the good features explained, and being told how to operate it, but not being given the keys.
              Charmela,
              when you click on http://www.pirep.org/cpanel you are prompted to enter username and password. If after putting the correct data in there you still can't access your CP, it simply means that you don't have the correct data. If that is a case submit a support ticket and the Voda guys will contact you and let you know the correct info.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
              X