• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sunseeker
    Private

• Jan 2006

About deleting index file

Hi all, I have just found voda host and want to start building a web site. Apparently the first thing I have to do, before I can start anything is to delete the index (exe?) file currently on my pc, as there can only be one file named index.
    I searched though my files and found one named index but also several named Index.
    Q1) Is it only the index file ( the one that is all lower case) I have to delete or all the Index ones too?

Q2) Can I rename them rather than delete them?

I feel really foolish asking this - LOL - so please be gentle with me.
  • racefan20
    Major General

• Jul 2005

Re: About deleting index file

No, no, no. You don't have to delete anything. Are you planning to use Blue Voda? If so, just save the first page of your site as index and it will be saved in your Blue Voda folder (as will all subsequent pages you create). There will be no conflicts and no need to delete any other files by the same name in other folders.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

• sunseeker
      Private

• Jan 2006

HI racefan, thanks for your quick reply.

SORRY, it was images NOT index - apologies. So my question refers to removing or renaming my images file on my pc , yes?So sorry I feel a total dork

Yes I am planning to use Blue Voda to build a web site.
      When I was looking round the BlueVoda site yesterday I discovered the link for SoloLaunch and thought I might use that to help me build it?
      This is what I was refering to:

"How to install Soholaunch - Must Read!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please follow the below instructions for the smooth installation of the
      Soholanch Website Builder.

Before you install Soholaunch you must delete the images older in your
      PUBLIC_HTML . This is very easy to do. Just login to your Public_Html
      with BlueFTP Manager and delete the folder called images.

Click Here to learn how to use BlueFTP Manager and to find out where
      your PUBLIC_HTML is.

(This Is Very Important!!!)

Failure to delete the images folder will cause a server conflict and your
      websites images will not be displayed properly. This is not an option."

Apologies for my ignorance, I know nothing about web site building, html etc

Comment

• racefan20
        Major General

• Jul 2005

The images directory spoken to there is the one on the server, not one on your pc. If you haven't set up a Voda Host account and published to it before now, you can disregard those instructions.

No need to apologize for asking an honest question, my friend. We were all new at this stuff at one point and relied on others to help us get going. Once you're up and running, I hope you'll take the time to "pay it foward" and stop by here from time to time to help others who have questions you can answer.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
        X