Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page width.

Hi,
    I am very much a newbie when it comes to web page setup. I already have a domain name which is browns-gas.info though it is not yet registered with BV.

I already have an open ticket for this question, but am hoping that it can be resolved earlier in order that I can get on with page construction. The ticket number is SSO-607159.

My question concerns page width. I left the default page width in properties but when I inserted a background graphic, two instances (plus a small section of a third) appeared side-by-side even though when I constructed the graphic, I purposely sized it to A4 page size. These images went well outside the rulers. Also, when I used the review feature, the image filled my screen even though I am using 1280x1024 screen resolution. Window reduction (next to minimise button) resulted in a smaller window with only a partial view of the page. If this is correct operation, why bother introducing a page width in properties.

Thanks in anticipation

Pader

Re: Page width.

First of all let me state that opening two tickets about the same issue will not get your question answered any faster and in time (with repeated occasions of you doing so) can get one or both of your questions deleted from the forum. Please adhere to all forum rules when making a post.

Now to the question......

You basically answered your own question when you said you made your images go out side your ruler. Your ruler should follow the same dimensions as your page properties. No one likes to scroll left to right on a page in order to view it. Obviously the up/down page margains are common place, meaning it is granted you will have to scroll up and down on just about any page you visit on the web.

After you set your images and text to fall within your ruler and page width/height properties I would suggest clicking on the lock all button and saving your page before publishing. If you do these changes and see no difference be sure to clear your cache on your browser so that your browser is acquiring new data about your site instead of referencing the information it stored for your old page (before editing)

** If you have not purchased hosting from VodaHost as of yet please contact me I will walk you through the steps, it is very easy and I will add you to my affliate program where as you can earn additional money per referral. This is a FREE service provided by VodaHost and each referral can almost pay for an entire year of hosting. Be sure to contact me at the email below and I will gladly walk you through it.

Anymore questions feel free to post or email me at: service@digitalizedmemories.com

Regards,

Robert Campbell
    Digitalized Memories

Comment

Hi Owner,

I hear what you are saying but I have since removed the background image and inserted a small logo graphic in the horizontal centre of the ruled area but the view in my default browser (Firefox) still shows that logo as off-centred on a screen the same size as the editing window.

Comment

So in your Blue Voda webpage maker it shows it correctly setup (in place) but when you preview it using Firefox it shows it off center is that correct?

If so I want to tell you a short story. I have been using Firefox since the day it came out and loved it for one simple reason, tabbed browsing. However, since IE now has tabbed browsing I gave up on "The Fox" as my daughter calls it, for the same reason you are telling me now. My first page I built I had the exact same problem as you. I then published the page and opened it using Internet Explorer and BOOM it was perfect.

Not to knock The Fox but this is one place I have found that it lacks to IE. Try opening your page with IE and tell me if you have the same problem. I will try to work it out more so if you do.

Regards,
        DM Owner

Comment

Working...
        X