Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lenght of nav bar

Hi and thnaks for your beautiful soft.

I'm trying to build my web site and, at the moment, my problem is that I'm trying to build a nav bar for 7 pages and the buttons are longer than my banner and my page width.
    How can I manage this.

I'm french, so excuse my poor english.

Regards,

Re: lenght of nav bar

You can try decreasing the font size.

Darren

Comment

Originally posted by linlin View Post
      Hi and thnaks for your beautiful soft.

I'm trying to build my web site and, at the moment, my problem is that I'm trying to build a nav bar for 7 pages and the buttons are longer than my banner and my page width.
      How can I manage this.

I'm french, so excuse my poor english.

Regards,
      How big are your buttons??? How wide is your page???
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

If your navigation is dynamic (sliding, drop-down, etc.), then the suggestion above to reduce your font size is the best place to start.

If your navigation "buttons" are images, then you need to simply reduce the size of those images ---- had you provided a link to your site (as normally expected), we would be able to suggest the accurate suggested solution: for example, if your site is 800 wide and you need 8 'buttons' (the 7 you mentioned plus the "Home"), then each 'button' should be no wider than 98 or 99 wide ... this gives you some extra spacing bewteen them as well as a margin for the site/page edge.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I'm not sure the responses thus far will solve Vasili's problem if I understood the problem correctly. I believe what he is trying to say is when you click on the Navigation Icon it drops 4 bars on your page. You can add/subtract the number of bars but you can't physically change the size of the bars. If you click on any of the Nav bars it brings up the Nav Bar Properties but the only thing you can do here is change the style of the bars not the physical size. Vasili, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulk2 View Post
            I'm not sure the responses thus far will solve Vasili's problem if I understood the problem correctly. I believe what he is trying to say is when you click on the Navigation Icon it drops 4 bars on your page. You can add/subtract the number of bars but you can't physically change the size of the bars. If you click on any of the Nav bars it brings up the Nav Bar Properties but the only thing you can do here is change the style of the bars not the physical size. Vasili, please correct me if I'm wrong.
            First, it is not my "problem" being addressed, but "linlin's" issue being replied to..... it pays to read and fully understand before posting a reply!

The "Issue" is regarding the width of the navigation scheme running wider than the page, and has nothing to do with anything about how the dynamic drop-downs present over a page (if, in fact, it is dynamic navigation that is being mentioned).

Your comment on changing the size of the drop-down bars is incorrect also: the drop-downs are in fact automatically sized according to the entry of the label, and if they are long titles, reducing the font size overall (and possibly changing the font style as well) will offer some relief (also encompassed within the suggestion as mentioned above). And the obvious is also worthy to mention, that being re-labeling the links to fewer words or more appropriate titles -- Brevity is Best.

The simple suggestions I mentioned address this "problem" as best as can be guessed, since there is no link to a page to actually see what is going on.
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi Vasili,
              I tried posting this earlier but it didn't go through..

My sincere apology for thinking you were the author of this post. I don't know why I "grabbed" your name instead of "linlin".
              First I would like to say that I have the utmost admiration for those of you who are very skilled in building web sites. I'm a rookie and I didn't mean to "butt in" or downplay anyone's advise. What I tried to do was interpret what I "thought" linlin was asking of course without having real information to work with.
              With regards to what he was asking I took it to mean the way I described it in my response. If he went to the Navigation Icon and clicked on it he would pull 4 editbox style boxes into his design. I have been unable to re-size these for my own web pages so I thought he was having the same problem. I realize now that I really didn't understand his problem - sorry.

Comment

Working...
              X