• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tbs
    Corporal

• Oct 2008

SubDomain name in wrong location

Hello,
    The thread with my original question (Subdomain Positioning) seems to have disappeared. So I’m re-writing it below. I'm new to this, and just can't find it.

Please help...
    I have seen the tutorial titled “How To Name Your Website Pages”, where you create subpages and name them with .html after the name. The example given in video was “contact.html”. And Voda adds the html automatically. This ends up with SubDomain showing after MainDomain name. Ex: MainDomain.com/SubDomain.html, or in tutorial "...com/contact.html"

I simply want the my website to show www.SubDomain.MainDomain.com

I have my Maindomain and Subdomain names hosted by another company.

When I use DNS to point my MainDomain and SubDomains to my pages created with Voda, the Subdomains end up after the main domain name, looking like a subdirectory. But this is how the Tutorial showed to do it.
    Example: MainDomainName.com/SubDomain.html

Is there a way to position the "SubDomain" in front of the MainDomain name where I created the pages in Blue Voda Website Builder?
    Example: SubDomain.MainDomainName.com

Maybe I’m not suppose to name them the way it describes in the BlueVoda Tutorial. Is there some other way to do this?

Current MainDomain is… http://www.mysecrets2globalwealth.com
    And Subdomain is… http://www.mysecrets2globalwealth.com/team.html
    In summary, I’d like to have the option to position the subdomain so it looks like the following: www.team.mysecrets2globalwealth.com where Team is in front of my Main Domain name.
    Thank you,
    tbs
  • Tom Finley
    Brigadier General

• Mar 2008

Re: SubDomain name in wrong location

That's not a subdomain. That's a page on your website. As such, it must come after your website. If it were possible to put the page first, there would be no way to find your page as there must be a million pages named "team.html."

Yipes! I just saw your video--you could be my twin and you're standing in front of a bridge that looks very much like one near me.

Tom
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

• tbs
      Corporal

• Oct 2008

Thanks for the reply, but then I don't get how subdomains are created with bluevoda.
      Do I create another Index page with the subdomain pointing to it from my hosting provider?
      And if so... How many Index pages can we create with one BV account?

Well, at least we're not too scary to look at. Its one of two bridges in the md state park called the Swinging Bridge.

Comment

• Sunchaser
        First Lieutenant

• Nov 2007

Hi TBS

To create a subdomain, you log into your Cpanel, then goto 'Subdomains' (Which is in the Domains section) and make a subdomain called team there - it's very easy :)

Then go to www.team.mysecrets2globalwealth.com - and you will see that it has been created.

You can then publish to this subdomain.

Comment

• tbs
          Corporal

• Oct 2008

Thanks again... I've never used the Cpanel.
          Does that work even though all my domains and subdomains are purchased through another provider?

Comment

• CarbonTerry
            Major General

• Oct 2005

Your Domains/Sub Domains can be purchased anywhere and then transferred or pointed to your VodaHost servers/hosting account.
            CarbonTerry
            Semper Fi
            Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
            Zone 5 Photo
            My USMC

Comment

• tbs
              Corporal

• Oct 2008

Thanks for the quick reply. It helps.

I have one final question regarding additional websites with BV.
              Can I create another Website HOME Index page with an entirely different Main Domain name?

And if so, I already received my welcome letter from VodaHost when I purchased the account, showing all the data under my original Domain name. So if I create another Home Index page, do I use the publishing info from that original letter?
              I would think not... but then how do you publish without it?
              Thanks in advance.
              tbs

Comment

• CarbonTerry
                Major General

• Oct 2005

If the new website is an Addon Domain you would publish to:
                public_html/addondomainname.com
                You would have to create an AddOn domain in your CPanel first.
                If your present domains are hosted elsewhere you will have to "point" the domain name to your VodaHost servers.
                Tutorial here.

You will need an entirely new folder (domain name?) added to your BV folder to save all of the new webpages, images, etc. into to keep from overwriting previous domain pages.
                CarbonTerry
                Semper Fi
                Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                Zone 5 Photo
                My USMC

Comment

Working...
                X