This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Getting forum board instead of web page

So, Vasili, I am on my own from here huh? It is a good thing you are not a driving instructor.

In most of your posts you used the word 'simply'. There is nothing simple about this whole thing if you are a complete novice in web authoring as I am. I was getting frustrated because I asked at least twice how the index file was published without the suffix including in my penultimate post. You still did not answer my question. I inexplicably got my connection back this morning and sure enough, despite your statement to the contrary, the index file was uploaded as Index.html also, all of the other capitalised files shown in the 'index of...', were saved several times in lower case but still got published with capitals.

You seem to have forgotten that you Acquired your knowledge over a period. You did not get that knowledge by divine revelation. I am not stupid, I was once tested by Mensa and achieved an IQ score of 156 but in the same way as you cannot ask a paediatrician to do brain surgery, I need to acquire my knowledge but it is not an instantaneous process. I know that you are providing a valuable service to many people but you do need to learn a little forbearance if you are going to continue to do so effectively. Please answer the actual questions put to you rather than demonstrating your great knowledge of all things BlueVoda and the internet.

For the record, I have got the site working by going into my BlueVoda directory in windows explorer and renaming them (removing capitals) manually at source.

Comment

Re: Getting forum board instead of web page

Pader,

Had you not got it working, I would have suggested that you put in a ticket for an account reset and start from scratch.. this would have saved a ton of headache and heartache, and I apologize for NOT stepping in here and suggesting exactly that...

For the future when working with BV, simply title your pages and do not type in an extension. They will save as whateveryounamedthem.bvp. When you publish them the server automatically changes the properties to html or php, which ever you have chosen in your page properties. This eliminates the need for you to add an extension when saving.

Hope this makes sense for you and please feel free to ask further questions on the forum.

Glad its working! Thread Locked!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
      X