Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background image duplication

ID# 28957 chesapeakebareboats.com

I have used a photo as background on my index page and the page looks great in the builder. However when I preview through Explorer, the background begins to show duplication especially horizontally, and text boxes also spread.

How can I freeze the page size and layout or otherwise avoid duplication of background and spread of text boxes to fill the space?

Thanks

R Frost

Re: Background image duplication

Hi, you cant avoid the tilling/repeat background when using the image as a background. I can only suggest (& Depending on the image) is you make the page background the same as your image background or as close as pos & place the image on the front of your page.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris. thanks for the prompt response, but I'm not sure if I fully understand your suggestion. The pic is a sailboat under sail - thus its background is ocean. Maybe what you're saying is insert a large image (the boat) as a full page item and then text over it which essetially is what I have done using the pic as background.

Cheers

Roger

Comment

Hi Roger,

Your other alternative is to make your background image stagnant; meaning when you scroll, everything but your background moves. Put this script in the "Inside Body Tag" of your Page HTML (View, Page HTML) where "background.jpg" is the name of the background image your are using. Make sure to have that image uploaded onto your server or just leave the background image as is in the Page Properties.

<body style="background-attachment: fixed; background-repeat: ;" background="background.jpg"

Hope this helps.
        HalaalPages.com
        FREE Georgia Muslim Directory

Comment

Yes, that is basically it. The last suggestion is another good idea with a static background. But worth a few test's to see what any page with an image as a background looks like. It can tend to be a pain to read somtimes, but cant really judge until we see the image.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
          X