• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pader
    Sergeant

• Oct 2008

Positioning of pages in website

Hi, my website is http://www.browns-gas.info

I have managed to link all of the pages on my site but I am having problems in formatting the linked pages to behave as I want them.

I would like all pages on my site to stay in the same tab. Some of them ('why and 'how) are working as I want them but in a new tab. The 'who' link is sized and positioned how I want it to be but would prefer to have a drop-down box instead of a web.page. I would like the same for the 'east bristol area' and 'useful links' links as well although, ideally, the actual links (within 'useful links') should open in another tab. Vasili mentioned cloning the working page but I have tried to no avail to do this. Would someone point me in the right direction please

Thanks
    Last edited by Pader; 10-18-2008, 11:22 AM. Reason: mispelling
  • Pader
    Sergeant

• Oct 2008

Re: Positioning of pages in website

I have managed pretty much what I wanted to do myself. If anyone is interested.

First of all, I found from a later post about cloning. There is a clone button (second icon on first toolbar) unfortunately, it did not clone the formatting to the other links. However, I found that I had checked the 'open link in popup window' box in the working link. I also found that you can change the style of the popup frame.

I decided not to have a popup for the 'useful links' link as I found that the actual links would only open up in the popup, so I set that link to open a new tab by setting the link target to _blank. I did the same for the individual links too and they did the same. After closing each link, it returned to the useful links page which I closed with a 'return to home page' link with my domain url in the hyperlink text.

Comment

• HalaalPages
      Sergeant Major

• Aug 2008

You would change the current problem with some of your links by doing the following. Let's use the Why link for example:

In BV, highlight "Why"
      select Link from the HTML toolbar
      Right now, you have the target set to "_blank"; you can leave the target box empty or select "_self".

_blank opens up your link in a new tab
      _self or leaving blank opens the link in the same tab
      _parent and _top come in handy when you're working with iFrames and you want the links within the iFrame to NOT open up in the Frame, but rather the parent window or the window which hosts the iFrame.

I don't understand what you mean by wanting the Who link to be a drop down box.
      HalaalPages.com
      FREE Georgia Muslim Directory

Comment

• Pader
        Sergeant

• Oct 2008

Thanks Halaal for you trouble. To be honest, I think I will leave it as it is now. It is quite easy to navigate and everything opens either on the home page or it changes using the same tab. Making it easier to return to the home page without opening a host of other tabs. I can live with the popups as they are, they look OK and they can be closed like a normal window.

Comment

• HalaalPages
          Sergeant Major

• Aug 2008

No problem...it was no trouble.

But let me advice you that while I understand why you want it to remain the way it is, you may loose viewers over your links opening up in a new tab every time. Viewers tend to expect certain standards from a website and the smallest of things can turn people off from your site. So always keep your viewers in mind when you design...I understand you may like it as it is, but the question should be "will my viewers like it as it is?"

With that said, I wish you all the best
          HalaalPages.com
          FREE Georgia Muslim Directory

Comment

• Preston72315
            Sergeant

• Feb 2008

So Halaal...have you found most people like a new window or pages opening up in the same window?

Preston

Comment

Working...
            X