I still need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still need help

I know understand about not linking my product's pages to the home page, but HOW do I put them ih a file at BlueVoda and password protect them. How do I get an auto responder? Dose this mean I first have a home page where the paypal button goes and then the index as first page in the folder?

Thank you for your help. I'm really stuck here.

Kim Huebner

I still need help

I now understand about not linking my product's pages to the home page, but HOW do I put them ih a file at BlueVoda and password protect them. How do I get an auto responder? Dose this mean I first have a home page where the paypal button goes and then the index as first page in the folder?
    How do I differentiate between the urls?
    Thank you for your help. I'm really stuck here.

Kim Huebner

Comment

Re: I still need help

Hi Kim,

You would design your pages as normal with the PayPal buttons on there along with the prices for your various works. Your customers will get to purchase your merchandises through your pages. After you receive the payments, you will then email them the link to the protected page(s) with the merchandise they've just purchased. It is within this email that you will send the customer the password for the page(s).

Now, about password protecting a directory. You do this in your cPanel. Under the Security heading, select Password Protect Directories. Select the folder which contains the files you want to protect and follow the on-screen instructions. It is also from here you will be able to add or remove user's permission to access this directory.
      HalaalPages.com
      FREE Georgia Muslim Directory

Comment

Re: I still need help

You are talking about multiple issues, a few of them related.

First, if you follow normal protocol in Publishing pages by using the Icon within Blue Voda, you need not worry about "which file" pages go and all that.....it's automatically taken care of for you by Blue Voda.
        However, if you want to create a protected area of your website (a protected Directory), you will need to do that first, before you publish any pages, as they need to be published to that protected Directory. Here is the Tutorial on how to create a protected Directory > http://www.vodahost.com/demowolf/x3/...3-protect.html

Keep in mind that PayPal's processing will return a customer back to your website when they have completed their transaction at the PayPal website, and if your site/page is "protected" it will be impossible to do so: PayPal's referral system will not allow the Login to present even, so using PayPal with Protected Directories is not recommended whatsoever. If you are trying to mimic an SSL function, this is not how to do it. However, if you are "shielding" a type of product, you'll need to move into a solid cart foundation for that feature to be available rather than confuse the established PayPal procedures!

Next? Creating an auto-responder is (usually) an email issue, and should also be created after your account is properly set up (all directories and protections pre-established), and the Tutorial to learn how you can do that is here > http://www.vodahost.com/demowolf/x3/...responder.html

When it comes to "differentiating between URL's" it will be clear and obvious once you have accomplished those tasks prior .... you will know exactly how your account (and web "Tree") is configured. If not, come back for some additional Q&A!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X