publishing to web

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• publishing to web

I have published to the web. Two of my pages published. Two others published but when I use the the scroll bar to go bck to a page it sends me to a .COM were there is nothing. And four when I went to varify had no url found. I have gone back and checked the links and they are fine.

Re: publishing to web

How about a link? Without it we have no way of deciphering what you are typing about.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

click the below...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I have 8 pages at performancevolleyball.org. The HOME(index), ABOUT US and the NEWS pages work. From those pages I can use my menu bar to go to the other pages. The problem is that when I try to go from the other 5 pages to others, it sends me to performancevolleyball.COM/whateverpage.html. I have gone back and edit each line and saved to my home folder, then published. It did not work. Any ideas?

Comment

Those links are pointing to the .com, so somewhere along the line they need to be changed. Are you saying you changed them on each page (each link), saved and republished each page? If so, then probably the next thing to post here is what steps you took to do that--maybe we can see with fresh eyes.
          CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
          CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
          CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

I went to the performance kids page that had the problem. Editied the line in the navigation properties, then went to file in tool bar, went to 'save page', clicked it then published. When that did not work. I then went to the index page did the same thing to performance kids line, went to tool bar, clicked 'save page' then published. That did not work. I then went back to performance kids nav. properties, deleted to line performancevolleyball.org/performancekids.html, and retyped it. went to tool bar clicked save page then publiished. That did not work. I did the same for the index page. I did the same proceedure for each page that did not work.

Comment

Each of those pages that dont work are very slow in trying to load
              and I noticed that there is a link to a BLANK page on them as well
              check it out...........
              Have fun
              Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
              Newbies / Beginners Forum
              FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
              My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
              Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Should I just delete all Nav. properties and retype the code in each page that does not work.

Comment

It is obvious that you did not enter the intended link properly in your navigation >> go back on each page and each link to verify that you have indeed typed in the proper URL (i.e. "performancevolleyball.org/performancekids.html"). On every page, half of your 'buttons' are .com and half are .org (you can see this by rolling your mouse over them and seeing the links in the lower left corner of your browser appear), so just make those changes and republish each page individually when done.

Start on your index page, and proceed to each successive page before simply "Saving Page" and re-publishing: change the elements on each page that are incorrect!

Tutorial on Linking
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

When I navigate everything from the 'home' or 'About us' page all pages load fine. I have to hit the 'go back' button in my tool bar each time, so I can nav. from 'Home' or 'about us'. It also seems that I can't Nav. from 'news' to links lined up below it. It works fine with 'home' and ' about us'.

Comment

Please re-read the italicized remark in the post above and do what is required.

Comment

Well almost seccuss. All pages work except club fees. for some reason the first club fee page I posted stayed. I cleared the text ie fees, travel non travel. Not the buttons or Perforformance Volleyball. saved it. But there other page still comes up

Comment

Sorry, but I still see on your index page and the interior pages all button links (except for Club Fees) with the ".com" extension still listed. What did you "do" exactly? Did you forget to re-publish your pages after making corrections? Do you understand the aspect of linking that was explained above?

1) Every 'button' link must be corrected from "performancevolleyball.com/whateverpage.html" to "performancevolleyball.org/whateverpage.html" .... and the "Home" button should have the simple "www performancevolleyball.org" link and that's all.

2) Then you re-publish all pages, and "refresh" your browser on each page visit to load the new version.

Comment

Every single page is .ORG. Every nav. page is .ORG I have checked three times and saved it. Is there a way to clear the club fee page posted on the web and and republish the page.

Comment

Re-publishing a previously titled page overwrites the old completely ..... that is why you need to re-publish each page after making corrections you have simply "saved" but not made available to be viewed online!

Comment

Working...
                              X