• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • performance volleyball
    Corporal

• Oct 2008

Re: publishing to web

I have double checked and saved each page again. It is not overwriting the old page. The Page I am trying to post right now only has the header and buttons on it. By the way thank for your help

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

When you SAVE a page, you are only "saving" it to your computer, to your Blue Voda folders.

You need to physically PUBLISH each corrected page to the server, to allow that new page version to be seen online 'live.'

If after publishing new pages you cannot "see" them (the new page with corrections made), simply "refresh your browser" a few times so the new page loads over the cached version your browser loaded earlier! Again, review earlier posts --- like Step 2 in post 13 above.

"Helping" is natural, but sometimes frustrating! LOL
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Tom Finley
        Brigadier General

• Mar 2008

It all works now. If you are not seeing your new pages on your browser, flush you browser's cache (F5 a bunch of times). However, you need to clean up the links in that some open up to a new window rather than just jumping to the page as you likely want.

EDIT: What Big V said.
        CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
        CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
        CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

• Collectors-info
          General

• Feb 2006

double checked and saved each page again
          Are you republishing the page as Vasili mentioned?
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Tom Finley
            Brigadier General

• Mar 2008

His links are working now

Comment

• performance volleyball
              Corporal

• Oct 2008

Is the club fee page showing the header and buttons. On my computer it everything works except the Club fee page.

Comment

• Tom Finley
                Brigadier General

• Mar 2008

Works here

Comment

• performance volleyball
                  Corporal

• Oct 2008

Thank all of you for helping me get my site up. Got any other question? If you go to performancevolleyball.org/news.html and scroll to the bottom. You will see two brackets with no text. If you move the sensor over them the link shows up in at the bottom. And it connect correctly to the sites I want. How do I get the text in there. When I build at in the blue voda site it is fine. but when I preview I get what you see.

Comment

• CarbonTerry
                    Major General

• Oct 2005

The text is there, however when it turns into a link the blue color that the link assumes is exactly the same color as your background.
                    Change the link color in the "Styles" option in the hyperlink box where you establish the link.
                    Insert/Link
                    CarbonTerry
                    Semper Fi
                    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                    Zone 5 Photo
                    My USMC

Comment

• performance volleyball
                      Corporal

• Oct 2008

I established the link through the text link icon. When I go to styles it only gives me back changes white or black

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

We all know that it takes some time to learn how to build a website, even with the most feature-packed tool like Blue Voda, but it seems you are struggling extraordinarily with the most basic skills and introductory concepts. This thread especially, suggests that you have become dependent on these Forums to provide you with every step and "solution" rather than learning from the resources provided in sequence to be able to do them on your own like everyone else (to me, anyway). We finally get to a solution, and then another issue needs to be addressed .... this is not how these forums were intended to work.

Have you studied the Blue Voda Tutorials at all? They are presented in the exact sequence they become useful, which is supposed to build a cumulative skillset for you to become able to confidently build a website with more advanced features and functions.

This thread points out that you have a good working copy of Blue Voda, and there is nothing preventing you from developing on your own the skills necessary to accomplish that which you have set out to do. This thread also highlights that there is far too much repetitive suggestion/instruction being offered, which indicates it is a matter of focus on your end and not a quirk within the system. Please ..... use the Tutorials religiously, and if needed, do a "Forum Search" to pull up countless other threads that deal with whatever challenge you may face to see a variety of solutions you can use to resolve your situation. If after not finding your answer in the Tutorials or with a Search, then you're welcome to create a thread so we all might learn something new together!

Comment

• performance volleyball
                          Corporal

• Oct 2008

Don't no who you are or do I care. Your assumptions are unfounded. For if you know what you were talking about, you would know that I have spent hours going over the video's step by step. I came here as a PAYING costumer. If you are a rep. of this company then I definatly have issues with your costumer service. If you wish not to responed to my questions then don't. But don't tell a PAYING costumer how much help they can or can't get..... Now, I have looked at the video several times for TEXT LINK and HYPER LINK. When I try "Text", I type in the address of the link I want it to go to. Go to 'style', I have tried White and Black. But when I preview it, all I get is the Brackets. The menu bar does not allow me to change the writen text. I try to link through 'Hyper Link" I do what the VIDEO tells me but when I click to but the text in place it erase's.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

We are all peers here, helping others as able without pay or for any other reason than simple goodness and "tradition" on a volunteer basis, having gone through the process ourselves and with the empathy that allows us to assist with efforts that maintain the continuity of the whole VodaHost experience!

Specifically, your "present issue" is also one that is simple to resolve if the set of instructions are followed for the specific "tool" you are using: there is nothing you cannot change if accessing the element properly.
                            Double-click on your buttons to bring up PROPERTIES, and there you can change whatever you want (no brackets needed).
                            IF you are trying to make text-based links (with brackets around them like this: [ Link ] ), simply type in a text box whatever you want them to look like, then highlight them and click on the HYPERLINK icon to not only link them, but create a STYLE for each hyperlink. You can select whatever color you desire, and mix and match function as well (underline, bold, etc.).

There is nothing complicated about it, and is also covered in the Tutorials and the numerous threads in the Forums (if you would Search for them!).

If you are having so much trouble using Blue Voda, you might also think about downloading another "fresher" version just in case there really is something going on with your working copy - so it overwrites the older version and might 'fix' whatever is going on - but beyond that, the observations I made earlier are evident, and although presented as diplomatically as possible, are what they are. There is no other way to state the irregularity of your personal progress, let alone remain prepared to walk you through each and every step that is basic and core to the learning process wrapped around Blue Voda and the promise of enabling you to build an awesome website of your dreams on your own simply and easily.

Comment

Working...
                            X