Hyperlinking charts and text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyperlinking charts and text

Almost all of my pages have charts and a little text (like the name of the chart). Do I need to link the chart to the text and then to the next page in the same way? Or will the hyperlink from each title link everything on the page.
    If so, I can only get one cell of the chart to highlight at a time. Is that enough or am I doing something wrong?

Also, is there a way to check that my links are working before publishing?

Thanks,
    Kim Huebner

From what I understand, I need to individually link my charts to my text. I have more questions. Do I have to make up names for ech chart and how would I do that. When I go to select the chart only one cell is highlighted. Is that how I would link them? by naming the cell as the chart in order to link? Also, if I'm linking to the same page, do I put_self or one of the other ones? I'm making progress but i've slowed down until I can get these questions answered. I appreciate everyone's help.
    One last thing, when I went to verify my links under Tools it came back unverified. What could I be doing wrong.

Kim Huebner
    spanishverbsmarthours

After my index page, all my pages are essentially tables with their title as text. From what I gather, I need to hyperlink the tables to the text heading and then to the other page(s). When I try to click on the on table, I don't get the whole table, just one word is highlighted. Will that work...naming the tables with one word that is within the table? If not what do I use for the table name for the hyperlink? I'm really stuck here at this point.

Thanks,

Kim Huebner
    spanishverbsmarthours
    client ID#29027

Re: Hyperlinking charts and text

Hi,

The answer is YES to your first question. Hyperlink is not an auto function.

To validate your links before publishing, goto Tools on the top toolbar and
    select "Verify Links".
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Re: Linking charts to same page or anywhere

Hi, not quite sure what your charts are? Are these images you want to show when a certain pieces of text is clicked on? If so! would you like the images to show on the same page, popup window or new page
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

If you want the pie pieces or bars to link you have to use image slicing or image mapping thats a rather complicated process to have individually link to another piece or page.

If you are linking in the same page.. you create a book mark or an ANCHOR and then link the word to the ANCHOR that you have preformatted.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Opps i accidently merged this into ONE post instead of just merging the thread...

Anyway.. .Kim... please try to go back to the post you did before to follow up on it..rather than make a new post on it. You can click your name or your profile ...statistics and find all posts by you so u can keep going on it. Makes it less confusing for those of us trying to answer you and keep up with all your threads.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

After my index page, all my pages are essentially tables with their title as text. From what I gather, I need to hyperlink the tables to the text heading and then to the other page(s). When I try to click on the on table, I don't get the whole table, just one word is highlighted. Will that work...naming the tables with one word that is within the table? If not what do I use for the table name for the hyperlink? I'm really stuck here at this point.

Thanks,

Kim Huebner
            spanishverbssmarthours

Comment

Reply updated - please review.
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi Kim,

You did not mention the sizes of your chart?

Here is how I used the lightbox for my family tree charts.

or if your chart program is able to generate html for the web,
                you can place the "index" html file in BlueVoda using the html box function.

Design your page name and header first and place a Html box underneath.
                Here is how I did it.

www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
                X