• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gioduck
    Sergeant

• Sep 2008

How To Go "Offline"?

hi

Would like to know if there is an option/shortcut in cPanel that allow me to temporary shut down my website?(for maintenance purposes) or anyone could share some tips with me on how it can be done.

Thanks

James
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Temporary shut down

Simply create a new "Temporary" page in BV with some announcement like "Temporarily Offline For Maintenence" and publish it as index (being sure to first Save your current index page as something else so you can re-publish it later without it being overwritten by your 'placeholder' page -- like indexOrig). * Be sure to complete all the Page Properties (Page Title, etc.) and a toned-down METADATA (Author, very short KeyWords - limited mostly to Page Title words as page content will be unsupportive, Page Description) so you 'protect' your already cached SE values best you can ..... EXAMPLE

That's the simplest .... another method is to use Blue FTP Manager tool in BV to delete the index.html page file (effectively rendering your site useless, and possibly endangering any SE values previously earned). Once you are finished doing whatever you are doing, simply re-publish your unchanged index page.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• gioduck
      Sergeant

• Sep 2008

Re: How To Go Offline?

Thanks alot Vasili for the info!

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: How To Go "Offline"?