Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Navigation/hyperlink info missing

Hi again Guys,

I'm so sorry to be a huge pain in the ***! I'm still having problems... I need to check several things...

1.Ref taking out the .html on my index page... are you saying that for the entire list of links on the nav bar for just that page, I take out the .html, or literally edit only the first line relating to the index page link?

2. Due to the actual names of the pages created in BV... i.e. those opened by clicking file and open page, being the same as those in my actual hyperlinks, these are of course coming out on the names of the menu bars... so in stead of it saying "Contact Us" or "Local Area", it says "contactus" etc...

So my question is... can the actual page names entered from the "file, open page" section and the "name" and "alt text" in the edit section, be different ?

3. Despite checking, and checking again the hyperlinks on my "contactus" page.. it won't publish.... well it says successfully published ,but won't appear ...

4. Finally, of the pages now appearing... they are opening up a separate window in each case, which I don't want them to do... i took out the -blank from each one, so this shouldn't happen, should it?

Your help really is appreciated.. sorry but I'm a complete website design moron!!!

Comment

your contact us page link should be

its published as a php page not html as is correct

yes just remove .html from your index page link only. the domain name itself is enough to pick up the home page
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

You have to take out the _blank on ever link on EVERY page and the republish every page.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hi,

Thank you so, so much for your help.. you're being an absolute star...

One or two things left....

I took out the .html from the contactus link on the nav bar for the index page and replaced it with php... it still isn't loading, so did I do something wrong there...? The error message I get is "Requested URL/contactus.html was not found on this server"...

Three of the other pages are still loading in separate windows which I don't want them to do... they are Local Area, Gallery, and Tariff... The Villa and Availability are loading in the same window which is great.....

Comment

Originally posted by Saml0302 View Post
            Hi,

Thank you so, so much for your help.. you're being an absolute star...

One or two things left....

I took out the .html from the contactus link on the nav bar for the index page and replaced it with php... it still isn't loading, so did I do something wrong there...? The error message I get is "Requested URL/contactus.html was not found on this server"...

Three of the other pages are still loading in separate windows which I don't want them to do... they are Local Area, Gallery, and Tariff... The Villa and Availability are loading in the same window which is great.....
            You are very welcome...

Ok, you still havent removed /index.html from your navigation links

and you cannot have removed the _blank from a few of the links if they are still opening in a new window. you need to check them again.

The contact page link on the home page is fine

Comment

OK,

Well.. all the pages navigate from the home page... which is great, BUT... navigation from the other pages isn't right... for example.. i type in the web address.. it brings up the home page.... great..! I can then select any one of the other pages and it will load in the same window, but if I then try and navigate either back to the home page or to another page, it opens another window to do that.... not so great!

Comment

so that just means you need to correct the links on the navigation on every page and all will be fixed

Comment

Oh gosh, what else do I have to do to the links?

Comment

just do what you did on the home page to every other page

Comment

Hi, yes have already done that... took out the /index.html from the nav bar on every page, but I still have the same problem.

Comment

now go back and remove _blank from every link on EVERY page. then republsh ALL pages

Comment

Thank you!!!!!!! Its absolutely fine!!! It was very kind of you to be so patient with me...

Comment

no problem. glad you are finally sorted

Comment

Hi Sam,

Looks like you got everything worked out...did a bit of clicking back & forth and noticed one thing; not sure if you overlooked it or left it intentionally.

Your buttons when you mouse over display the ´default buton´. You can change this in your navigation bar properties - style tab - images, mouse over; same place you selected the design for you present buttons.

You a reminder in case you overlooked this.
                              Karl

Comment

Working...
                              X