• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave Meholovitch
    Master Sergeant

• Nov 2007

Pop Up Window

Where do I go to find a Pop Up window so I can add it to my site. I want to be able to capture name and email with a free report when people are exiting my site. Thank you.
  • dougnez
    Brigadier General

• Aug 2006

Re: Pop Up Window

Hi Dave
    When you create a link check on "Open link in pop up window" and then set the pop up settings as you wish... Hope that helps Doug

Comment

• Dave Meholovitch
      Master Sergeant

• Nov 2007

Thanks Doug. Do I create this link through the FTP? or? Dave

Comment

• Dave Meholovitch
        Master Sergeant

• Nov 2007

Doug do I create this link through the FTP? thanks, Dave

Comment

• dougnez
          Brigadier General

• Aug 2006

Hi Dave
          The link is created on your page in the web builder as in buttons... text... image... shapes or whatever links... Doug

Comment

• hubovetz
            Sergeant First Class

• Nov 2008

Hi Dave,

To do what you want, if I understand you correct; to catch the people as they are leaving your page, you need a scipt. I can not help you there though.

If you can get the people to click on a button or image before the leave your page, then you can direct them & use the pop-up window feature that Doug was talking about.

Comment

• Dave Meholovitch
              Master Sergeant

• Nov 2007

But do I need a link? I want to put on the pop up, Wait! Don't forget to get your free chapter. Name and Email address sign in, then takes them to free chapter and also register them in my Aweber list. what do you think? thanks, Dave

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

You will need to Google for a "pop-under" or "website exit pop-up script" .... these are frowned on by most professional webbies, but an alternative is using a "floater"/"slider" that presents the opportunity on pages until closed by viewer. You can find these in Menus & Navigation sections of most script download sources.

I would suggest that if you have an idea of what you want, you due at least some due diligence by Searching on your own a bit (at least to 'test' if your idea is viable or not by finding examples) before simply peppering the forum and then constantly belaboring the fine points unnecessarily as you have been recently.
                IMO
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• gadgeteeer
                  Private

• Nov 2008

WOW! i like that one tip... I'll try to implement to my site. heheh
                  thanks
                  Christmas Gifts Valentine's Gifts

Comment

• navaldesign
                    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Let me get this correctly: you want a popup with a signup form to appear when your visitors are leaving your site (changing or closin the page)?

If this is correct, then it is simple: create a page with the form for aweber (OR ANY OTHER FORM)
                    Save and publish it. For this example we will supppose that the page is called "form.html"

Now, in ALL your pages (exeption made for the one with the form), go View, Page Properties, Events, Add, select onUnLOad, set the action to be Javascript function, and in the Javascript field copy / paste this:

window.open('http://www.yourdomain.com/form.html','no','no','no','no','no','no','100','15 0','300','400');

300 and 400 are the popup dimensions, 100 and 150 the horizontal and vertical distance from the top left corner where the popup will appear.

You can change these as required. Replace yourdomain.con and form.html with the real domain name and page name.

Though i doubt that someone leaving your site, will stop by to fill in the signup form.........
                    Navaldesign
                    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                    X