• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hubovetz
    Sergeant First Class

• Nov 2008

Iframes

Hi just got done with the video for inline frames which seems to be a fancy text box or alternate version for a pop-up window.

What exactly is the use of iframes, besides that given in the video?
  • dougnez
    Brigadier General

• Aug 2006

Re: Iframes

Hi Hubovetz
    I frames are windows on your page. In these windows you can present what ever you want, while the rest of the page remains unchanged. Say you want to show ten different items. Those items (pages) can be called up and presented in the I frame while the rest of the page remains unchanged. You can have several different I frames (windows) on one page.
    Doug

Comment

• hubovetz
      Sergeant First Class

• Nov 2008

Thanks Doug,

Is there a way pull up more than 1 page consecutively; say with a time delay(every 30 seconds)
      Karl

Comment

• dougnez
        Brigadier General

• Aug 2006

Hi Hubovetz
        the "Ad Banner Rotater" (left side of web builder) will rotate images with preset time delay between each image.. I don't know if it will call up and present different pages/url's... Hope that helps...Doug

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by hubovetz View Post
          Is there a way pull up more than 1 page consecutively; say with a time delay(every 30 seconds)
          Karl
          No .... to set a time or rotation you would need to use a custom scroller to do that [which would allow hyperlinked objects/text/or images of any size (even a whole web page size, according to the scroller settings you configure) to be inserted], but would be nothing like an iFrame, which is merely re-presenting an already published web page.

Custom Scrollers

. VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• dougnez
            Brigadier General

• Aug 2006

Generalissimo
            Could not an "Ad Banner Rotater" be placed on the page presented in an I frame? And the jpeg/gif formatted images; text or whatever, be shown in time delay as programmed into the rotater ?
            Doug

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by dougnez View Post
              Generalissimo
              Could not an "Ad Banner Rotater" be placed on the page presented in an I frame? And the jpeg/gif formatted images; text or whatever, be shown in time delay as programmed into the rotater ?
              Doug
              Thought of that, but couldn't remember the restrictions of time settings, or if all objects inserted could be hyperlinked. At least with a scroller, you have the settings wide open, and not only can anything be hyperlinked (and TARGET be set) some include some neat transitional effects the Rotator doesn't. (The BV Rotator is a simplified scoller, just embedded and "self-coding")
              And I didn't even want to open the "convert to Flash" can of worms, which would dramatically cut down on page loads ....

Good eye, Doug!
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• davidundalicia
                General

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by dougnez View Post
                Generalissimo
                Doug
                Here is one as you described and most time options are available. (click SlideShow)

If you set the time to zero then you can control events as you wish.

But, the only way to display PAGES would be if you first converted them to images.
                Have fun
                Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                Newbies / Beginners Forum
                FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

• hubovetz
                  Sergeant First Class

• Nov 2008

Thanks everybody, would like to study all this in detail when I have more time. Is there a way to keep from losing this thread, to get back to it in a month or three; possibly from another computer? Is it stored in my profile page?
                  Karl

Comment

• hubovetz
                    Sergeant First Class

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by hubovetz View Post
                    Thanks everybody, would like to study all this in detail when I have more time. Is there a way to keep from losing this thread, to get back to it in a month or three; possibly from another computer? Is it stored in my profile page?
                    Karl
                    Thanks, figured it out for myself...which brings me to another question. Who or how does a thread get closed?

Comment

Working...
                    X