• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • riverboat
    Sergeant

• Oct 2008

Creating Duplicate Pages in sliding menu bar

Hi
    I have neary finished the layout and links for my index page www.floridafoodguide.com

I now have the task of creating each page in my sliding menu bar, is there a quick way of creating these pages? Should I duplicate my index page for every page I create. I have tried doing this and created a hot spots / Orlando page but when live it gives says
    The requested URL /hotspots/orlando.html was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.???

Any idea?

Kind regards
  • Karen Mac
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: Creating Duplicate Pages in sliding menu bar

Use Navals Single page menu layout in php and put your custom navigation in that then just add it to all pages.. youd have to make them all php.. but it might be faster than adding the menu each time... if you add the html box to each page would most likely do the same..

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• riverboat
      Sergeant

• Oct 2008

Hi Karen
      Thanks for the info but I still dont understand

Comment

• Karen Mac
        General

• Apr 2006

Are you asking how to avoid adding your menu? Or cloning your pages? Personally id create a template page.. save as master or template.bvp not templates... put everything on it that i want on all pages. Then open it each time i want to make a new page. I would also make the menu(s) in a php page.. and use the php includes on the template... so that if i changed the navigation or added pages it would just be the one menu page i was changing. Open your template, save as new page name, then make that page and save again. publish, close open template, save as.. etc then you dont have any duplication or cloning errors.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• riverboat
          Sergeant

• Oct 2008

Hi Karen

I am trying to create pages for my (hot spots) to start with. I have tried to create a page for Hot Spots Orlando but with no avail!

I have opened my index page, changed the page accordingly then saved page as hotspotsorlando then published. Then when live, I get the page The requested URL /hotspots/orlando.html was not found on this server.

Doing the same with Hotspots Kissimmee opening index page changed accordingly and saving page as hotspotskissimmee and publishing

Sorry for my ignorance Karren this is my first site and first time on BV

Kind regards

www.floridafoodguide.com

Comment

• Marincky
            General

• Apr 2006

What Karen was pointing you too was this.

This by the way is your hotspot page

If you publish it as orlandohotspot, why are you trying to view it as /hotspots/orlando?
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• riverboat
              Sergeant

• Oct 2008

Hi
              Thanks for that info! New to BV I have taken the / out and it works fine.
              Kind regards

Comment

Working...
              X