• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • debs
    Second Lieutenant

• Oct 2008

same page layout

www.fmspanishpromotions.info

hi i would like to create more pages but with the same layout as my index page how do i do this. apart from copy and paste as not all of the page copys accross,
    many thanks debby
    Debby
  • Marincky
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: same page layout

Originally posted by debs View Post
    www.fmspanishpromotions.info

hi i would like to create more pages but with the same layout as my index page how do i do this. apart from copy and paste as not all of the page copys accross,
    many thanks debby
    Whenever making a website you should ALWAYS clone pages to keep consistency throughout your website.

How to:

Ok, so you create your home page (index). Once you are happy with the design, structure, layout, of the home page and have a well planned navigation system in place you can then place all your content you require to this page. Save it.

Then, with the file saved already as index, now click 'save as' and save it with your next page's name... so for example 'about'.

Now you have exactly the same page as a basis for your 'about us' page. Everything is in the right place, your banner won't 'bounce' half an inch here and there from page to page... etc etc...

Now, simply just remove all the content that belonged to the index page and replace it with content for the 'about us' page. Save it.

Now you can either clone the index page again, or simply just clone the 'about us' page...

on and on.... very simple, very effective, and can help drastically in providing a professional and far more pleasing looking website.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• Collectors-info
      General

• Feb 2006

Hi, use the clone page button to duplicate your index page & make alterations as needed & then save as ?????.

Ah! Ramsey has the faster fingers. LOL
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• debs
        Second Lieutenant

• Oct 2008

many thanks you guys are great
        Debby

Comment

• Marincky
          General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
          Hi, use the clone page button to duplicate your index page & make alterations as needed & then save as ?????.

Ah! Ramsey has the faster fingers. LOL
          But Chris, you have a canny way of putting things into one line that takes me several paragraphs LOL.
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• Marincky
            General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by debs View Post
            many thanks you guys are great

Comment

Working...
            X