Creating a new website NOT linked to any other site!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • desaransiberians
    Sergeant First Class

• Oct 2007

Creating a new website NOT linked to any other site!!

Hi,

I have created my website www.desaransiberians.com and have been using that for two years now. I have just registered a new domain name "petlinedirect" to make into a website that is not linked in anyway to desaransiberians. When i tried publishing my new pages to petlinedirect an error message appeared basically saying that i needed to create an FTP account for petlinedirect. So I went into the cPanel and created a new FTP account and the page then published. BUT when i entered www.petlinedirect.com into my web browser (expecting the new page i had just created to come up) my other website came up. So i now have the same website being displayed for both addresses.

I did some fiddling around in the cPanel and i managed to get the website www.desaransiberians.com/petlinedirect ( i think i was in "entering a sub domain" or something) I DO NOT WANT THIS!!! i want the two seperate web addresses as stated above.

Can anyone help me do this please???
    Desaran Siberian Huskies
    Queensland, Australia
    www.desaransiberians.com
  • mrmagoo144
    Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

Re: Creating a new website NOT linked to any other site!!

you want to create an "add on domain" - it is in the cpanel as well. it will develope all the folders, such as ftp or database you need to keep your 2 sites separate. the first thing you have to do is create a new folder with the new name
    petlinedirect
    we are assuming you have called your new site
    petlinedirect.com
    now when you save your first(home) page of your new site you have to save it as index and put in in the folder(petlinedirect) you created for the new site in blue voda/my documents. you now are ready to publish your index page of your new website and you have to have this extesnsion to the public_html
    /petlinedirect
    that's it - if you watch the tutorials it it pretty well explained
    hope this helps
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

• desaransiberians
      Sergeant First Class

• Oct 2007

Re: Creating a new website NOT linked to any other site!!

Thanks for your quick reply mrmagoo144, I had already tried creating an add-on domain and i think that was when it gave me the website address www.desaransiberians.com/petlinedirect. However, i tried it again as you said and i got the following message. I went back into the File mangager to delete any folders i had previously created for petlinedirect but this did not fix it.

PLEASE is there anymore help i can get?????

Addon Domain Maintenance

Addon Domain Additions

Bind reloading on voda19 using rndc zone: [desaransiberians.com] The subdomain, petlinedirect.desaransiberians.com has been added.

Error from park wrapper: petlinedirect.com is already configured.

Removed petlinedirect.desaransiberians.com Server at line: 32416. Removed Entry from httpd.conf Bind reloading on voda19 using rndc zone: [desaransiberians.com] The subdomain, petlinedirect.desaransiberians.com has been removed.

petlinedirect.com could not be setup. The subdomain petlinedirect.desaransiberians.com was not setup either.
      Desaran Siberian Huskies
      Queensland, Australia
      www.desaransiberians.com

Comment

Working...
      X