• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Similkameen
    First Sergeant

• Nov 2008

What to name to link pages?

Hi all. need a little help here. I watch the tutorial, and did the front page and all. and subpages. now how do you link them together?

I watched the video, it only shows index. page save not really anything for linking other then the pictures adding html.
    I tried saving in myotherpage.bvp and adding http. link no go when i click on link button.

I also tried saving in html. and no go also when pushing the linking button.
    So, thieir is no tutorial showing how to do this, i searched already. So anyone have any idea on how to link your pages?
    Thankyou.
    Jon

www.similkameen-okanagonshopping.com

"Challenge all policies and procedures regularly."
  • Marincky
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: What to name to link pages?

www.yourwebsite.com/pagename.html

www.yourwebsite.com/pagename2.html

etc etc
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• Similkameen
      First Sergeant

• Nov 2008

Wow, it been a few hours trying to log in and say thankyou.
      Is their any forums staff that can help me with this.
      I submitted a ticket for this forum problem and they don't under stand the question..lol

Thankyou for the Marincky for the reply.

Everytime I log in, it says welcome and back to the login in screen when I go to reply to a post. Then when I re-login in it says no such username, or account has been disabled, or not activated, etc, etc..
      That is my #1 problem for the forums.

Now instead of starting a new thread, I have another question.

Now to make a page stick to your site, how do you make it happen, Publish rite. That is what I tried. now get this...

What login name do I use, from what site, lol. they gave me half a dozen login names..lol

The forum login name, the billing login in name, or the account login name, or ftp publishing login name, or webmail. or what name...lol

I totally green horn to this. I have a web front page, now I want to set it to site. I tried uploading in the manager folder...nope that don't work...if someone can help me thankyou.

the site is www.similkameen-okanagonshopping.com , I want to put the front web page on this site, to cover up all the jibberish, til I get the rest figured out.
      Thanks again.
      Jon

Comment

• Similkameen
        First Sergeant

• Nov 2008

Ok, since no one answered my post in the forum here, I submitted ticket to support, the prob. is solved.

1) Now that I have the page(s) published, by using the publishing button. I missed something in the tuturial, about what exactly uploading file to file manager is for? If someone can direct me in the right way for this question thankyou.

2) Also as being a greenhorn to this web building stuff, how would I have a tool to upload photos, and other information for visitors.

3) Does OS commerce templates have the above program on question 2, and does this OS commerce mark an item when it is no longer available, or how is this done?

Thanks.

ID, # ? where do i find it explain.
        Jon

Comment

• D'son
          Major General

• Apr 2008

You have to limit your questions to get the best responses. Are you trying to use BV or are you using a one of the other builders? The reason I ask is you mention OS commerce and different programs operate differently.

Having said this if you are using BV to create a page that allows users to upload files you will create a form and add the file upload feature (located as an icon on the left side of the builder).

Uploading files are for those files that are not created in BV such as Word, PDF's, etc.
          Reguards
          Ed
          www.dsondesigns.com
          www.marseillesyouthsports.com
          www.300hitter.com
          www.bigjk.net
          How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

• Similkameen
            First Sergeant

• Nov 2008

OK thankyou, I am usin BV, it is the only one I know at the moment.
            Ok, I will use an example, I will use amazon. When a person purchase an item, what do I have to do to have something say that item is sold. Or is this something I need to do manually?

Now, 2nd question on the same line as the first, How do I install a program so my clients may upload photos, and write their blog about their photo. Does BV also have this option somewhere?

Thankyou
            Jon

Comment

Working...
            X