BV Version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BV Version

I came on board with Blue Voda July 30. Didn't begin work on my site until late Sept. I've now read something about the "versions." I guess we are at 10.12??

I then went to my BV and looked at the "about" and it says version 10.1. Am I that far behind in just five months?

Is that why I can't find my IP # in the drop down list?

Will I lose any of my site by downloading a newer version?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Thank you,
    Norma Jean
    Domain name: fiction-aire.com

Re: BV Version

Originally posted by nuwslink View Post
    I came on board with Blue Voda July 30. Didn't begin work on my site until late Sept. I've now read something about the "versions." I guess we are at 10.12??

I then went to my BV and looked at the "about" and it says version 10.1. Am I that far behind in just five months?

Yes

Is that why I can't find my IP # in the drop down list?

Yes

Will I lose any of my site by downloading a newer version?

NO

Thanks for any help you can give.

Thank you,
    Norma Jean
    Domain name: fiction-aire.com
    You're Welcome
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks for your quick answer. A couple of things are not clear to me. When looking for the 10.12 to download I see it under a "news" item from April which announces this new version with "50 new features, etc."

I downloaded in July. If it were released in April, why wouldn't I have had the 10.12 when I downloaded the first time? I'm confused.

And if I needed the newer version why wouldn't the support people have told me. I've been going back and forth with them trying to get my BlueFTP and publishing problems resolved -- with NO luck!

Thanks again,
      Norma Jean

Comment

Originally posted by nuwslink View Post
        Thanks for your quick answer. A couple of things are not clear to me. When looking for the 10.12 to download I see it under a "news" item from April which announces this new version with "50 new features, etc."

I downloaded in July. If it were released in April, why wouldn't I have had the 10.12 when I downloaded the first time? I'm confused.

And if I needed the newer version why wouldn't the support people have told me. I've been going back and forth with them trying to get my BlueFTP and publishing problems resolved -- with NO luck!

Thanks again,
        Norma Jean
        It has probably been updated since your last donwload in July.

Support don't email us all to tell us of a new version, very few companies if any do that. It is usually posted in the forum though.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Last update: Modified: 06 Oct 2008 03:24 PM
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
            Last update: Modified: 06 Oct 2008 03:24 PM
            Cheers Chris

Comment

Okay hang with me here. I downloaded what is said to be the 10.12 version. My "about" still says version 10.1, and the dropdown list of IP numbers is still the exact same. Nothing new.

Got the down load here:
              http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/news-updates/35426-bluevoda-10-0-more-than-50-new-features.html

What am I doing wrong?

I've been working on my site for weeks now, and am ready to publish and upload PDF files, but am totally stuck. Brick wall...

I really like Blue Voda, but am having second thoughts about Voda Host. I have found the support desk to be sorely lacking.

Thanks again, and again...

Norma Jean

Comment

Ok, forget what it says on the about bit. if you have downloaded the latest version then this is ok. Mine still says 10.1

With regards to the publishing IP, there have been some changes lately and the number you have may not be the one you should now be using. What server are you on please?

Comment

Okay, now I have to show my ignorance. :^) Is the server my internet provider?

Not sure this is relevant, but on the Vodahost login pg, I've been logging in here:

Voda3208.43.222.130 News!ns3.vodahost.comns4.vodahost.com

Comment

Ok, so 208.43.222.130 is now your publishing IP which you should find in your list

Comment

Your key word there is should. But believe me it is not there.
                      I just now rebooted my computer thinking that perhaps it updated when I downloaded. But when I click on that list the number prefixes are 67, 74, and 75. No 208 in sight.

Comment

Then your download didn't take. Try again

Comment

Okay tell me exactly the best place to go to get the most recent download. (Thanks for your patience here!)

Comment

This may sound daft. But have you push the server IP scroll bar up to get to the other IP's. There has been a few of us missed this. You should then get this list. (Dont ask) lol

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Actually, I just checked mine and you're right, I thought to myself I didn't have 208's either until I scrolled up.

Chris I miss-placed too lol

Comment

Working...
                              X