accessing our website from another computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accessing our website from another computer

we would like to know, we have set our website up from one computer but we are in partenership and i would like to access our site details and information as well as the building section from my own computer.
    How can i do this please.

many thanks
    Rachael
    Birth To Mum

Re: accessing our website from another computer

You would have to down load BV to the other computer, then copy your BlueVoda folder from the old computer and load all the contents on the new on along with any images you have that are not in there. Once on the new computer you can do anything you need but note that the file paths for images will most likely be different so you will have to locate them and reinsert them. Note if you plan to keep going from one computer to another you will have to keep a updated version of all you files on hand to swap also. To publish - do it as before.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Re: accessing our website from another computer

Ok,

Hope you havent done too much on your website as this will change alot of what you are trying to do but the best way to do this is as follows:

1. Grab your usb drive, SD card, or other portable storage device.
      2. Load onto it all images, text, etc. that you will be inserting into your pages.
      3. Create your pages and save them onto your portable media device.

Now,

After you have done all that (remember to save everything onto your portable media) you can switch computers anytime you like from anywhere in the world and as long as you have that external card and the same version of Blue Voda installed on every computer, I see no reason you should have any problems as BV will look for all the files and images in your external media and not your computer.

ex. (If you save to your computer)

C:\Documents and Settings\My Stuff\myimage.jpg

If the new computer or laptop does not have this same image path your Blue Voda will not be able to find it.

ex. (If you save to a USB/Flash Drive)

F:\Blue Voda\My Stuff\myimage.jpg

The new computer will now look in your USB port where of course your files will be located and will load your images and text with little or no problems what so ever.

Trust me I learned the hard way.

Any more question please ask.

Regards,
      DM

Comment

Working...
      X