How to upload pictures without taking so long to upload on your site when opened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Elle12
    Sergeant

• Nov 2008

How to upload pictures without taking so long to upload on your site when opened

Hello! Thank you so so very much in advance! I love this forum! You are all so so so so helpful! Thank you! But quick question is there a way to upload you pictures onto your site so that when you look on your website on the internet the pictures don't take FOREVER to upload? I went to my website and the pictures take forever to upload. Please be so kind to help if you can. Thank you!

Merry Christmas!

Danielle
  • Elle12
    Sergeant

• Nov 2008

Re: How to upload pictures without taking so long to upload on your site when opened

Also, sorry forgot, some of the pictures don't even upload to the website, why is that they are all in the same file. Please help. Thank you!

Merry Christmas!

Danielle

Comment

• D'son
      Major General

• Apr 2008

Re: How to upload pictures without taking so long to upload on your site when opened

You have to reduce the size of the image (the kb's) don't confuse this with the size you see. Do not use the sizing handles to reduce the size, this does not reduce the file size. To do this you need a image program, PIXresizer (available in your C-panel) will do this.
      Reguards
      Ed
      www.dsondesigns.com
      www.marseillesyouthsports.com
      www.300hitter.com
      www.bigjk.net
      How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

• Collectors-info
        General

• Feb 2006

Might help as well.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Elle12
          Sergeant

• Nov 2008

Thank you so very much to the both of you! You are such angels to take your time to help and I appreciate it! I will take a look at the help you provided and if any more questions, I'll ask y'all!:o)
          Danielle

Comment

• Elle12
            Sergeant

• Nov 2008

So, I downloaded the PixResizer and then I wanted to resize all the pictures but it only gives you the option to resize the photo ex: 600x400 but not the ability to " Resize your thumbnails to about 3 to 12 kb" - how do I do this resizing to the kb size. Thank you so very much!

Danielle

Comment

• Tom Finley
              Brigadier General

• Mar 2008

Actually it does--but it's a secret! Import an image into Pixresizer (you can resize a folder full of images at once if you click on the tab, but forget that for now). Open your image, and choose .jpeg from the button list. Next to the .jpeg button is a bar that says "Joint Photographic Experts Group." Click on that and a slider will come up that will reduce the file size without changing the image size. You can reduce the file size pretty severely and still have a nice look on the web. Experiment.
              CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
              CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
              CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

• Elle12
                Sergeant

• Nov 2008

Hello Mr. Finley,

Thank you so so very much for your advice! I truly appreciate it! I will try it out and if more questions, I will ask. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Danielle

Comment

• Elle12
                  Sergeant

• Nov 2008

Thank you, I tried it and it works sooooooo well! Thank you again for letting me in on the little secret to getting it to work!

Danielle

Comment

• Tom Finley
                    Brigadier General

• Mar 2008

:)
                    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
                    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
                    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Working...
                    X