Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 questions

My sites are www.safersecurityproducts.com and www.carstopedal.com

Question # 1 is in order to build the carstopedal site I downloaded the BlueVoda site builder and it seems to work fine.
    My question is when I delete the images that I used to build and publish the site from my pictures file the pictures no longer show in the builder.
    So I stored those pictures in the Voda images file thinking that would make them show in the builder. They show up fine on line of course but when I make changes to the published pages and need to republish shouldn't they still show up in the builder?

Question #2 Carstopedal is an addon site to safersecurityproducts and the SSP site is built on soho and works fine as well but when I login to the cPanel I can not open either file manger when using my desk top computer but I can open both of them when I am on my laptop computer.

I am running window XP on both computers. The laptop is a new Dell but I had it loaded with XP instead of Vista.

Thanks
    Roy
    Redmond
    http://www.safersecurityproducts.com

Re: 2 questions

Originally posted by redmond View Post
    My sites are www.safersecurityproducts.com and www.carstopedal.com

Question # 1 is in order to build the carstopedal site I downloaded the BlueVoda site builder and it seems to work fine.
    My question is when I delete the images that I used to build and publish the site from my pictures file the pictures no longer show in the builder.
    So I stored those pictures in the Voda images file thinking that would make them show in the builder. They show up fine on line of course but when I make changes to the published pages and need to republish shouldn't they still show up in the builder?
    If you change the location of your images they will not show up on the pages you created before you moved them. Now that you have moved them you will have to double click each one and locate the new location, click on it and click ok.

Question #2 Carstopedal is an addon site to safersecurityproducts and the SSP site is built on soho and works fine as well but when I login to the cPanel I can not open either file manger when using my desk top computer but I can open both of them when I am on my laptop computer.

I am running window XP on both computers. The laptop is a new Dell but I had it loaded with XP instead of Vista.
    You browser is probably blocking the pop up or the fire wall is. Check your settings.

Thanks
    Roy
    Good Luck
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Also for #1, when you publish, the default is "Publish all files." You can change that to "Publish changed files only." Your images won't republish (unless modified) and that can save a bit of time if you have a lot. But Ed has the right answer; stick your images in one permanent location.
      CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
      CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
      CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Hi Ed and thanks for your quick response.

The pictures haven't been moved they have only been copy to another folder but still remain in the pictures fill. Can I delete them them from the pictures file and then double click them to pull them up from the Voda image file?

On question 2 I have turned of the popup blockers on the desk top and cleared the history and all of that as well as punching the F5 button umpteen times But I will check agin and see if I missed something. I can do what I need to do on the laptop though.

Roy
        Redmond
        http://www.safersecurityproducts.com

Comment

You do not have to delete anything you can keep them where they are if that is a good spot to keep them from now on. And technically they have moved, the way a computer stores files is like this c/ownersdocuments/mydocuments/pictures/image
          if you put them all in another file it adds a new path to follow.
          Simply double click on the blank image in your builder and reinsert it from its new location.
          Reguards
          Ed
          www.dsondesigns.com
          www.marseillesyouthsports.com
          www.300hitter.com
          www.bigjk.net
          How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Did it and it works fine.
            Thanks again
            Roy