• Sub-pages

How do I make a sub-page like as follow:

Subject
    ----- option a
    ----- option b

subject 2
    ----- option a
    ----- option b

The (-----) means, it is under the same subject nly but different information is given...here's a site which I look at is an example how i want my website to be: http://www.gibonline.com/index.aspx

My question is, let me just rephrase it a little bit..Is it possible if I can follow the same format as the one on the left pannel of that site?
    Is there a shortcut key or something in which, if I want my other page to be in the same format as my homepage?
    Working on Major Project and I hope BlueVoda can ease the process for making a website

Re: Sub-pages

Hi ... the example you have chosen is a text menu (it's a good choice) and can be achieved simply by using text and hyperlinking the text of what you call the submenu. The main category is just text and the sub catgegories are linked to the other pages you create for these categories. To link text you highlight the text and then choose insert and link. Type in the url of the page you have created (http://www.yourdomain.com/nameofpage.html) It's also a good idea to apply the same menu to all of your pages just as they have done and not to forget that your main page, is the only page, that you cannot name yourself - it must be named, saved and published as index. All of your other pages can be chosen names, using all small letters and no spaces between words unless otherwise joined together by the use of the underscore _ symbol. You can choose good keywords to highlight and insert the linking for your pages ...

An alternative is to use the menu bar, found in blue voda under tools, navigation, menubar. However, the text menu is a great choice.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi,

How do I make a sub-page like as follow:

Subject
      ----- option a
      ----- option b

subject 2
      ----- option a
      ----- option b

It is just the link in page Properties [BV right Click] that links from Subject to option a & B

Open a new folder in File Manager>public_html and name it "subject" [No CAPS]

The "subject' folder is actually a directory [or a doorway leading to all the other webpages in the directory i.e. "optiona" and "optiomb" etc.

To publish webpages "optiona" and "optionb"

Just click on publish in BV and type in the following:

public_html/subject..................then click OK to publish

Before publishing first prepare the webpages:

subject
      optiona
      optionb

In the "subject" webpage prepare the hyperlink to optiona and optionb
      by entering the URL [webaddress] of the page as follows:

http://www.yourdomainname/subject/optiona.html and

http://www.yourdomainname/subject/optionb.html

you now have links from subject to optiona and optionb

Important to remember the first page that you must publish is your
      landing page or homepage. This page must be named "index" only

Publish your index page to your domain as follows....public_html/

from the 'index' or homepage you link it to "subject".

I hope I have made it as simple as I can for you to understand.

Hi Holly, Merry Christmas
      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
      Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
      State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

okay thanks. Anyways, about the "text menu", can for example, the "tittle" be in different color and "options" will be in different color?
        Working on Major Project and I hope BlueVoda can ease the process for making a website

Comment

Originally posted by vengeance View Post
          okay thanks. Anyways, about the "text menu", can for example, the "tittle" be in different color and "options" will be in different color?

Yes, all possible .. when using text you can choose any color. Also, when hyperlinking text you can choose to create a link style .. highlight your text, insert link and you will see in that property box that you can choose a style, click that and for each of the 4 categories, choose your color, whether you would like it italicized, or even bold. You then can apply this link style to that nav bar. You can create as many link styles as you like, and simply apply to each hyperlink (style 1, style 2, etc.)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Well, I'm using the "text menu" and I enter the "subject"... I go to the property and it says only style. When I click on the style, it did show the "hyperlink style sheet"...
            I'm just still figuring out how to create a sub-heading...Can you just tell me the steps please? I would appreciate it =D

Comment

Okay, well I find it much easier to just use text (got used to this before this text menu became available). So perhaps you will too ..

If you insert text and type the entire menu hitting the carriage return after each word or wording you will use. You then go back and apply a color to your main category - this one is not linked. For the subcategories, you then highlight the word, choose to link via insert, link - you will see http:// - you then fill in www.yourdomain.com/nameofpage.html - for each of the subcategory words you have chosen. Now to create a style you see appearance, style and to the right of that edit styles, choose edit styles. Then choose add - you will then see the 4 options for the hyperlink styling - hit each of those options and this is where you choose color, italicized, bold - and once you have created this style, it will be number 1 - so for every hyperlink that you want to appear in this style, you choose style 1 when you type in the url for the hyperlink ..

Try that and see how you do ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

oohh...so basically you're telling me that, you're using "text" instead of "text menu" correct?? Now I understand =D anyways thank you...that explains why I got different response...

And before I forget, is it possible to have my website like this format:

1- Heading

3-Related Topics 2- Information 4- Useful Link

5- other information

I want number 2 to be in different color background. Number 3 & 4 the same color background while number 1 & 5 the same... For the number 2, I know it's a "text" but I don't know how to give a little space on the left side of the text so that it doesn't look tight, I want it to look more untight if you know what I mean...

p/s: sorry, I don't know where the "table" properties are located, it should give basically a shape though

Comment

Yes, that is correct .. I just find it a little more flexible doing it that way ...

Yes .. you can create as many link styles as you like .. and if you use insert shape .. and then choose a color for that shape, you can have that text appear ohn any background color you like by using a shape. It adds to the dimensions of the page as well, so it looks good ..

So in short, yesm, you can have any color text, any color hyperlinking and any color behind the text as well, using shapes as their backgrounds .. or if you like, you can also choose to color just the background of the text both these options are beside each other in the web builder - you will notice ione changes the color of the text and the other changes the background behind the text) ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

sorry about that...I made a mistake in the "format" i want...anyways, I've change it though...now can you answer me?? sorry though =)

Comment

Working...
                    X